1,778 results
All reviewsrooftop poolbalcony roomperfect locationtop floorfifth avenuehotel is greatsmall poolrooms are largeair conditionerferry to cozumelocean viewking bedour honeymoonbeachsaulmexicocalle
Reviewed June 12, 2011

Stayed on level 3 (rooms start with 4) which has the sun bed outdoor area and wading pool to cool off. Rooms are great very clean and spacious and the staff are so helpful and friendly special mention to Day Manager Al, hotel is 4 doors from main beach and restaurants and shops sunbeds available on beach for use of Illusion guests. Fantastic location beautiful beaches and sunshine like paradise and we will be back next year!

Room Tip: ask for room on pool level
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 13, 2011

Illusion boutique hotel is a great place to stay. The front desk is very polite, friendly, helpful, and they speak excellent English.
The rooms are very spacious and clean. We got a room with small balcony facing the street. Make sure that you check out the rooftop pool, it is a great place to chill out in the afternoon. Thank you for making out stay comfortable!

Room Tip: booked on Orbitz
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 7, 2011

We decided on this hotel for its location, but found the staff friendly and competant. Smiles all around. It is very clean and has some interesting energy saving ideas. I have no hesitation recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2011

My wife did it again...she found the best value in Playa when booking our hotel.

I will say, the pictures may be a bit deceiving in that it looks like some were taken for a wedding...this is not a 5 star hotel. It's a simple hotel with simple rooms and in some spots it's a little dated and in others you can tell they saved some money. My wife and I do not intend to spend much time in our hotel or our room...we are there to see the city...and thus aim to find the best value. bottom line...in response to a negative review we saw...you don't get the Ritz for $100 a night.

Positives:
The normal evening front desk guy was GREAT...very friendly, always chit chatted with us when we left or came in and when we ran into him at the beach club. Gave some helpful advice along the way and all in all, made our stay more pleasant. Unfortunately I don't remember his name, but he is of some form of Spanish descent with a west coast accent.

The cleaning crew did a good job of keeping the place clean.

King size bed (in the value category...not always easy to come by)

Nice shower (which is used often near a beach)

Location was INCREDIBLE!!!! Some may like a location further north, but I felt we were steps from the nicest beaches and the 5th ave shopping district. There's a great store with anything you may need right around the corner.

Right next to one of the better beach clubs in Playa...Wicky's....I had Exal hos my wife and I every day...very hard working man with a great attitude and a friendly spirit.

Downsides:
Small breakfast
The common areas except for the check in area are very HOT!!!!! Some days I felt like I went from a comfortable room, walked through a hot common area, back to a comfortable reception area and outside...but I was already sweating from my short walk through the common area. They need to get some circulation going!!!!! Don't trust having a balcony b/c if it faces into the courtyard it will be too hot to use.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2011

Amazing location, right off main street of 5th Avenue, feet from the beach and a few blocks walk from the bus station and a block from the taxi areas. The rooms are nice with huge two person shower, I can not believe I am saying this but the shower water pressure was almost to powerful !! Unbelievealby clean hotel, nice and quiet. The bed was ok, it was no heavenly bed !! Beautiful new flat screen tv with some english tv channels, free Wifi, and a fridge with a stocked mini bar if you need it, and a coffee machine in the room as well. Great service at the front deak, Al ROCKED !!!!!!!and made us feel like we where staying at someones house not a hotel !! The resort has a nice sun bathing area and a pool, but this is a small two feet deep pool, to hang out in not a huge swimming pool. The tables around the hotel are perfect for enjoying time in Mexico, great hotel, we will stay here again !!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple