Royal Hideaway Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
$242
$238
  • Pool
Occidental at Xcaret Destination(Playa del Carmen)
$233
$421
  • Breakfast included
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
$329
$403
  • Breakfast included
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
$419
  • Beachfront
$392
$344
  • Breakfast included
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
$827
18,050 results
All reviewsmaria mariechef's platecoffee houseromance conciergespice restaurantdanny boyjose garciafrozen grapeshour loungeocean viewturn down servicetequila barour honeymoonlobby barbeach butlerpresidential suiteil pescatore
Reviewed March 9, 2011

I was at this resort for a close friend's destination wedding. I have been to several all-inclusive resorts, so I was interested to see how this one compared. From the moment I arrived at the resort (a day early...long story), I knew it was going to be an amazing vacation. Carlos Lopez at the front desk was able to find me a room in the "all but 2 rooms fully booked" hotel. It had two full beds instead of one queen, but as my husband could not travel with me, that was fine by me. Incredibly, the room was ready right then, before noon! Not only that, but when I arrived at my room, I realized I had been upgraded for free, as I had booked a Junior Suite, but instead got one with an Ocean View.

Because I was there with so many friends, I was able to see a variety of rooms and they were all amazing, including the Presidential Suite. Honestly, I have lived in apartments (with roomates!) that were smaller than that suite. It was incredibly tastefully done and very impressive.

The beach was amazing, which is where we spent most of our time. I cannot fully attest to the restaurants, as since I was there for a wedding, the rehearsal dinner was in town and then there was the reception. The only slightly negative thing I could say about this place is there is a lack of consistency in their bartending skills. (no two bahama mamas tasted the same, and my malibu and pineapple tasted like chocolate and had to be tossed). But one should really just stick to beer when spending so much time in the sun anyway!

Lastly, with the Ocean View rooms and above, as well as in all the common areas, there is free wifi, which was incredibly nice so that I could keep in touch with my husband over the weekend without breaking the bank!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank dfescher
Reviewed March 9, 2011

We were there last August with our adult children a group of six- this trip just my husband and I. Beautiful Hotel , we love the location ,rooms and size of the rooms, free wi-fi in the rooms, service and food were everything as we remembered them to be. Tops!! We thoroughly enjoy this resort from the location being steps to Playa to the smaller size compared to some resorts to the layout, staff, restaurants, ocean and beach. We love to walk into town without planning it and having to take a shuttle or a cab. We love the no reservations necessary for the a la cartes. Only had to wait a couple of times for Maria Marie and that's because in our opiinion it is the best. We sat at the Tequila bar and had a before dinner drink. It didn't matter because we had no schedule and nowhere else to be!! The stretch of beach in the opposite direction of playa is wide, flat and so clear for walking in and swimming. The staff cannot do enough for you and are genuinely friendly and very efficient. We might give the Royal in Cancun a try next time as we talked to people in Playa who also love that resort. Maybe or maybe not. The lure of Playa and the five minute walk to amazing shops , cafes, bars , etc will always be there. We will be back . Hopefully this time next year or maybe even sooner.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KathyJoeToronto
Reviewed March 9, 2011

I would give this resort 5 Stars!! We enjoyed everything about our trip to The Royal Playa del Carmen. I'm a laid back person but also have higher standards and this resort meet them.
The resort: everyone that worked there was very friendly. there is a variety of different restaurants and different food for every meal. room service made it to our room a few times a day to keep it clean and replenish the refrigerator. you can order room service whenever, everything we ordered was good and usually arrived within 30-40min. there are plenty of people in the resort that are willing to get you set up with different activities. I can't really come up with any complaints that should keep anyone from going to this resort. We did have a group of us there for my wedding and it was difficult to eat together but we all made it work just fine.
The location: I don't know of a better location if you are wanting to stay right in Playa. There are a couple different pools at the resort and the beach is right there too. It would probably take a minute to two minutes to walk from your spot at the beach and make it to the resort bar/bathroom/pool/restaurant etc. And if you have more patience and don't mind waiting a little bit for a drink, there are waitresses constantly walking around and getting orders. The beach itself and water was beautiful and wasn't much rock, seaweed or anything like that. 5th avenue is a fun place to shop and eat and walk in Playa del Carmen, this resort is a short block or two away. Most of our guests went to 5th avenue quite a bit to do something different and to shop. There are also a lot of activities to do near the resort, whether you want a couple hour activity or an all day activity
Our Wedding: I couldn't have ever asked or dreamed of a better wedding. It was exactly what I expected and more. The wedding looked exactly how the pictures do online. Our wedding coordinator, Denys did an awesome job of getting it set up, helping with our dry cleaning, getting people where they need to be, and making sure everything went smoothly. For our wedding we upgraded to a better suite and qualified for the free wedding. We didn't pay for a reception which worked out perfect for us. We all ended up going to our master ocean view suite and celebrated there. And then went out and did more celebrating later.
I would recommend this resort to anyone that asked. I would definitely enjoy going back and I already have other family members planning their next trip back in a couple years.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank keldavis14
Reviewed March 9, 2011

We have been stay at this Hotel for over 4 years 3 time a year and have all had a great experience. Previous to this we stayed accross the street at the Potro Real Hotel for 6 years with a similar experience. So with all the bad comments about Mexcio and your personal Safety in the press I would like to say the Playa De Carmen is safe the people are friendly and eagar to make your vacation wonderful.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2011

This was our first trip to Playa del Carmen although we've been vacationing in Cancun for years. The Royal PDC is an all-inclusive resort located just off PDC's main tourist area of 5th Ave. The beach front location is very scenic and if there's anything not included, you don't need it. Even the "books to read" carts have sun lotions for every type of skin. With everything included from whatever beverage you desire to outstanding food in any of their seven "themed" restaurants, you'll want for nothing. Particularly noteworthy, is the personal concierge located near our room; she helped us with information, reservations, transportation and any other subject that came to mind. We haven't run into that level of service before and is a great reason to go back. The one complaint I might have would be that the food/drink was so good at the Royal we didn't get a chance to try out any of the numerous inviting open-air establishments on 5th Ave--maybe next visit as we're definitely going back.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends