18,357 results
All reviews maria marie chef's plate coffee house romance concierge spice restaurant danny boy jose garcia frozen grapes hour lounge ocean view turn down service tequila bar our honeymoon lobby bar beach butler presidential suite il pescatore
Reviewed October 27, 2010

Traveled to The Royal October 9th-16th with my husband and two other couples. We had a wonderful time! My husband and I have traveled a lot over the past 15 years of being married and this resort has been the best one yet! We have stayed at Sandles and paid more for that all inclusive and feel that the Royal was a better choice for what we enjoy. The food was outstanding at every restaurant and we went to all of them! If you go on vacation and want burgers, pizza and fries then don't go to the Royal. They have all of those items but you will be missing out on some amaizing food.
Thank you to the entertainment team for making us all feel welcome at the Royal.
This was said before in many reviews and is my only wish for our next visit to the Royal is that they need music at the pool. Not club music but something carribbean.
Location is outstanding to 5th ave. Beach is nice to go for long walks. Gym is perfect if you wish to stay fit on vacation as well as the other classes they offer. "Time Share" not an issue for us, never felt preshered at all. We said no thank you that was it! Rooms beautiful, large and clean. House keeping would come in and lite candles at night, this was a nice touch along with the towel art and rose peddles on our bed.
My overall "take" on this resort is that they are trying to walk a fine line between the people who come for a quiet vacation and those who like to party on vcation. They need to keep everyone happy and I think they do a great job considering the two different types of vacationers.
Thank you to the entire staff for making my Birthday and Anniversary the best one yet!
We will return one day!

1  Thank kascip
Reviewed October 27, 2010

This is our 4th time there since the last 4 years. We were there from October 10, 2010 to October 24, 2010. Well the service went down by pool or beach for the rest it remain about the same. We will give you an example we ordered 2 drinks it took 20 min. so imagine the drinks were hot beer and the Marguarita all the ice was melt so no taste at all and the beauty of it they say that they are a 5 Stars + and we got our drink in soft plastic glass those kind of glass should go only by the beach but by the pool it should be like it was the 3 last time in a hard plastic glass. As for the Lobby Bar there is no way that soft plastic glass should be used there like the other years they should use glass only because that does not represent a 5 stars. The food and service in restaurant A1. We had a room in the new section wonderful and very clean also the site is very clean.
We are not sure if we will go back because the clients are getting youger and youger so it's parties drunk and disturbing people and I really don't understand why they change the clientele because before I had nothing to say. My exemple is the saturday before we were coming back home in the Lobby there was 2 young guys drunk and sleeping one on a ramp and the other on the floor this was discusting and when I ask a the front why they don't do nothing they answer me they now accept this. I have to give you another thing that really disturb the people also around us there was 5 guys between 16 to 20 years old they started to scream like hell run jump over the people and splash some older couples took after some drinks from the cabaret of the only waitress there and spill the drink everywhere we do have more things but we will stop there. So this is a reason for us not to pay that much money for resort that is now like that. We do have some special thanks to some wonderful staff. Adan this guy is the best in the Intertainment also Rosario, Regina, Elizabeth, Prude, Romana, Ponton, William, Manny and the super guy Fernando.

2  Thank mariette-10
Reviewed October 26, 2010

We had a great 5 days at The Royal - the staff from the front desk to the pool area, all were wonderful and provided such a high level of service. Alex was great with our bags, and when we had to move to another room he was right there to make sure everything went well. At almost every restaurant we were greeted by Carina - she is such a wonderful hostess, no matter how busy it got. It's impossible to not have a great time at the pool area with all the entertainment provided by Adam, Javier, and Regina ! They were also great with the evening entertainment each night. And the front desk service provided by Ives was always perfect.

The food and service at the restaurants were both awesome, and every meal was delicious. The junior suites are spacious, with plenty of room for "stuff" - our room looked out over the courtyard and we were able to see several weddings, and receptions there during our stay. All of the bar staff were also great and always ready to take care of your drink orders.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank travelBNA52
Reviewed October 26, 2010

This is long overdue but better late than never! We traveled, along with 40 family and friends, in February for our wedding. Booked a swim up room but when we got there but they upgraded us to one of the 2 presidential suites. Wow! Was like a very large apartment with full bar, living room and our own balcony pool. A couple of nights we had all 40 of us in the room for drinks and had plenty of room. We prefer small boutique hotels so would not typically go to this type of hotel for a vacation when it is just my wife and I but the Royal was perfect for holding a wedding. My wife was nervous and wanted to make sure everything was perfect. The Royal is like a wedding machine and they are very good at what they do. Pools were great, resort was clean, service was above average but what really stood out is the food. Typically shy away from all inclusive resorts because of the food quality but the Royal did an excellent job...our favorite was the Asian restaurant. Would recommend without hesitation for anyone planning a destination wedding. FYI: plan your honeymoon at Villa Rolandi on Isla Mujeres. Unreal.

• Stayed: February 2010
2  Thank ScottTito
Reviewed October 26, 2010

This trip was far better than expected. I took my husband for an anniversary trip for a long weekend and it was amazing. From Checkin to Checkout everything was great.

Room: Beautiful view of ocean from Ste 383. Good location to pool and beach. Very clean and beautiful rose petals on the bed when we arrived. The tub is HUGE and takes forever to fill up... but very relaxing. My favorite part was the hammock on the balcony. I napped out there every day and truely enjoyed it. I also loved that there were 2 sinks in the room. Room was very spacious and a/c worked GREAT. Only complaint is the floor is very slippery!

Bar Service: Lobby bar is great. The only complaint is that they never had a great selection of Tequilla. Bartenders Edwin and Alberto were great and worked very hard to make me the perfect margarita on the rocks(I am very picky).

Swing Bar: By far my favorite place to hang out in the afternoons. Lois Roberto was such an amazing bartender and really made our trip. He was so kind and was great to talk to when it was raining one morning. He makes a great Mango Colada! Try it and tell him the couple from Texas says hello!

Beach: Alexis works so very hard to make everything perfect for you. The beach waitresses also work very hard, but it does take a while to get a drink so dont be afraid to order round 2 when they drop off round 1 :). The beach is very nice and only noticed a slight smell the last morning we were there when it was raining and windy. Other than that it was great.

Pool: Very nice, although if you dont get a seat early it is hard to find one.

Food: GREAT! We really enjoyed the Asian and Italian(at sister hotel) the best. The pork chop at the Italian place was the best we had ever had. Spice had a better breakfast in our opinion than any other place... The only complaint is the 24 hour lounge wouldnt let you take food out of there even to the main lobby.

Grounds: Very well kept and beautiful.

Entertainment crew: They were very nice and did a great job. The shows were ehh ok, but we arent really show people. I do wish there was a little bit more to do in the evenings... we ended up going to bed early because there just wasnt much going on at the resort.

There are a lot of weddings, but that didnt bother us... several were set up outside of our balcony, but I loved it because I got to lay in the hammock and listen to the Mariachi Band.

Overall we had an amazing time and highly rec this resort to couples. I cant wait to go back!

2  Thank prlmrl08