27 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$377
Priceline$377
Hotels.com$377
Orbitz.com$377
Agoda.com$377
CheapTickets$377
21,924 results
All reviews maria marie chef's plate coffee house spice restaurant royal pdc jose garcia magic box hour lounge ocean view turn down service tequila bar our honeymoon presidential suite lobby bar rose petals beach butler quiet pool
Selected filters
Reviewed September 24, 2019

We visit here at least once a year sometimes twice and have never been disappointed! The food is amazing along with all the amenities. We love the nightly shows and entertainment. They make the pool areas fun and enjoyable and the employees are warm and friendly and ready to help your stay be a great one!

2  Thank LeFlorida
Manupealpu, Gerente at Hilton Playa del Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2019

Dear LeFlorida,

There are not enough words to express our gratitude for sharing this review.
We are so honored to hear you enjoyed our amenities, entertainment, and the service from our team!

Thank you so much for your loyalty! We so look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home.

Reviewed September 23, 2019

The location is great because you can walk to some nice shops and bars. The resort is under major renovation and I can’t wait to visit again once it’s all completed. The only issue we had was seeing ants in the bathroom in the first room we had. The staff was helpful in getting my wife and I a better room with an ocean view to accommodate us!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank derakr

Dear derakr,

Thank you very much for your visit and for sharing your comments about your stay with us.
It is so good to hear you enjoyed our privileged location. We are sorry for the issues related to the renovations, but appreciate your understanding. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience.

Thank you for praising our team members. We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 23, 2019

Long time Hilton Diamond member here. This property is not up to Hilton standard.

Hilton purchased the resort in November 2018; and have been doing MAJOR construction this year. It will continue into 2020. 2 of 3 wings of the hotel are covered with scaffolding. Several restaurants closed, the lobby is boarded up, and hallways closed. This was never mentioned. Vacationing in an active construction site!! From 9am to 6pm there is currently no quiet place on the resort. You will listen to power tools within 30 feet of the pool

The beach is unusable. Erosion makes it about half the size as the pictures show; and it's public. Locals will set up umbrellas and towels between the cabanas and the water. The Seaweed bloom makes the beach smell like an open septic tank, literally. It can be noticed from the main pool as well

Then there's the extortion. It took us 2.5 hours to check in because they wanted another $1100 USD to "add my wife" to the room. We've been to all of the all-inclusive Hilton properties in Jamaica; and always booked a room for 2 without having to change the selection from 1 to 2 occupants. The price is exactly the same for 1 or 2. We got the Diamond Desk on the phone; and they were willing to "negotiate" a better rate of only $315 for our stay, even though they said I was "entitled to two people in the room at the rate I paid, but the resort wants to crack down on the policy." We talked to several other couples who had to pay as well

6  Thank ryan4487

Dear ryan4487,

We sincerely thank you for your loyalty as a Hilton Honors Diamond tier member, and appreciate the time you dedicate to share this feedback.

I am sincerely sorry that this time, we were unable to exceed your expectations and that you were unhappy with the overall resort due to the renovations. These improvements will provide all our guests with a fresher, contemporary, functional, and more luxurious atmosphere, and we hope you give us the opportunity of hosting you again once they are completed to truly deliver the service you deserve.

Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences related to the renovations and for the misunderstanding regarding the number of people in the reservation, this is not our standard, and we are taking steps to ensure the guests' satisfaction.

Thank you again for your time and visit. I sincerely hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed September 22, 2019

On the site it says "Minimum age to check-in is 18 years old. This is an all-inclusive, adults-only resort. Enjoy unlimited food and beverages, non-motorized water sports, world-class service & amenities. Hilton Honors redemption will incur charges for any extra person, not included in the original reservation.

Click Here for our all-inclusive special rates. If you are redeeming points or have a special rate code, please book below."

However they FAIL to mention that they are under construction. I called these people months ago inquiring about ANY construction and they said no. ONLY to arrive here and guess what, they are under construction.

With them being under Construction MANY of the patrons were stuck with rooms with no view. Like me. I am facing a palm tree.

The food here is mediocre, unfortunately and they don't know the difference between american and cheddar cheese.

The customer service is outstanding. They are so sweet! They are so accommodating and understanding.

My boyfriend enjoyed the foam party and the endless alcohol. In addition, the juices here are watered down. Just a heads up.

I wanted to give this place a 4, but I really couldn't.

Room tip: CURRENTLY this place is under construction
5  Thank Anita M

Dear Anita M,

Thank you for your recent visit to our property. We truly appreciate you've taken the time to share these impressions.

We are sincerely sorry that we were unable to exceed your expectations and that the renovations were a detractor. I apologize for the miscommunication and for the inconveniences experienced. Thank you for the feedback regarding the food, we will keep working to improve our services.

On the other hand we sincerely thank you for your praises to our team members.

We sincerely hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed September 21, 2019 via mobile

The staff at this hotel are probably one of the hardest, friendliest and accommodating group of folks I have encountered. Special thanks to Adan Reyes, Cristhel Dennis, Jose Vite, Pedre and Jorge. These are some of the folks who waited/cooked for us on our trip. They truly made the stay memorable. As for the rooms. Make sure you don't stay in Room #4309 if you want to sleep. One side faces the street and there is a bar below it with music until 3:30am everyday it seems. I asked to get changed into another room except that the new room was an older non renovated one. Not what I paid for! Nobody seemed to care about me not getting my money's worth. This is probably going to be the deal breaker for me going back to this facility. Other than this incident the rest of my stay was wonderful. Again caution on what room you get especially now during there renovation that some folks are not being told up front. It seems they only know it is getting remodeled when they arrive

Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank Hector G
Manupealpu, Gerente at Hilton Playa del Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2019

Dear Hector,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your impressions of your recent stay at our beautiful property.

Thanks for remarking the dedication of our team members, they will surely be honored to read your words.

It's sad to hear you had this inconvenience regarding the noise, we are certainly working to improve this subject. Please, accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your visit. We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you again in the near future.