24 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$377
Priceline$377
Hotels.com$377
Orbitz.com$377
getaroom.com$377
Travelocity$377
21,919 results
All reviews maria marie chef's plate coffee house spice restaurant royal pdc jose garcia magic box hour lounge ocean view turn down service tequila bar our honeymoon presidential suite lobby bar rose petals beach butler quiet pool
Selected filters
Reviewed September 20, 2019

We have stayed here twice. I love the resort’s restaurants, pools, bars and layout. It is a big resort, but it isn’t so huge that it’s difficult to get around. If you forget something in your room, it won’t take an hour to get it. I think the location of this resort is my favorite part. It’s on the beach and also in the heart of town near nice shops, restaurants, little taco shops and transportation.

Date of stay: February 2019
2  Thank lovestocampandtravel
Manupealpu, Gerente at Hilton Playa del Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2019

Dear lovestocampandtravel,

Thank you very much for returning to our resort! We appreciate your loyalty and the time you took to share this review.

Thanks for remarking the convenience of our facility, and our privileged location.

Again, thank you for your preference, we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed September 19, 2019

I don’t need to go into detail cause it’s taken me several months to write this but everything a hotel can do to screw up they did. Willemina the hotel manager was unhelpful, unprofessional and disorganized. I will never go back and this was my 4th time to the hotel and was suppose to be my special day. My guests had issues checking in and out of there room. I had over 90 guests. I was helping forward e mails to willemina to get my guests properly checked out. The rooms I reserved over a year in advanced paid in full I did NOT get and my bridal party had no where to get ready. I ordered pink rose petals and pink orchids I was charged and never received. My guests gifts were shot glasses, my guest didn’t get them because the staff of Hilton took them and later were using them as dish ware in the lobby bar and bars through out the hotel. My cousins got served shots and look and the glasses and freaked out. Could you imagine if i was served my own shot glasses?? Talk about a nightmare of a wedding week. Broke my heart. My parents wanted me to have an amazing week and hiccup after hiccup and Estefania (wedding planner) nor willemina hotel manager ever did anything to make it right not even an apology or a recap of the wedding/stay to hear my concerns. Worse hotel to ever have a wedding at cause they don’t care how many guests you have on property or how much money you spent to pay for your wedding. Once deposits and payments made they don’t care they got there money. That’s a terrible way for a bride to feel.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
9  Thank D_Bella_Zo_2018
Manupealpu, Gerente at Hilton Playa del Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2019

Dear Bella_Zo_2018,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share this review. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty and that you have chosen our resort to celebrate your wedding.

I apologize for the impressions you got from Willemina, she is certainly one of the most committed, kind, and reliable team members in our resort, and we are sorry to hear your expectations were not met. Additionally, it is truly sad to hear your guests had issues while Checking-in and out derived for the miscommunication with your member's club, and we apologize for it.

Regarding the rooms, we certainly do everything humanly possible to accomplish every guest request. According to our records, every guest received the category purchased, unfortunately, we cannot guarantee the room location but do everything to deliver as many locations requested as possible.

We are truly sorry that the color tone of the flowers was a bit more intense than expected. I assure you that Estefania and the rest of our wedding team worked tirelessly to get an accurate color tone without increasing the cost by bringing the flowers from overseas, sadly, the color tone is entirely up to mother nature.

Please accept my apologies for the confusion regarding the tequila glasses. This was an error on our side, and we have already addressed this subject to improve our communication as well as the guests' experience.

Again, we apologize for being unable to exceed your expectations and for the inconvenience experienced. I can assure, we have taken steps to ensure the guests' satisfaction.

Thank you again for your time and preference, I sincerely hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed September 19, 2019

This luxury brand hotel is undergoing renovations. I only wish they would have listed that on their website before we decided to book travel there. Word of advice be certain to get your room accommodations/expectations in advance perhaps even in writing from the hotel mgmt staff before arriving. Also, I highly suggest visiting your room before making that final decision of staying the night in it. The hotel while grand is under renovation and most rooms are being re-branded to reflect the hotels new direction. Since we spent so much time stating our displeasure with the rooms etc., the hotel did return our Hilton Honors points a week later. The staff is very accommodating but limited due to the re-branding. However, losing the ambiance of this place we most likely would have stayed at another All-Inclusive property. All the best!

5  Thank Karriem S
Manupealpu, Gerente at Hilton Playa del Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2019

Dear Karriem S,

Thank you for your loyalty as a Hilton Honors Member, and for sharing this review. I sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences that led to a disappointing vacation. This is certainly not our standard and I sincerely hope you will consider staying with us in the future, when renovations are completed.​

Thanks again for your feedback and visit. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed September 18, 2019 via mobile

As other reviewers have noted, there’s lots of construction going on here, resulting in some of the restaurants being closed and amenities limited. A couple of the restaurants that were open are pretty good, but not fine dining. I can’t fault the service there- always friendly and fast. Our room was recently renovated, comfortable and very clean.

One tip- the hotel gives you an unremovable wrist band to show you are part of the resort. This becomes a beacon if you leave the property- people on the street pretend to be a former waiter from the Hilton to get you to trust them and buy their services. Just a note for awareness; we never felt unsafe while in the area.

Overall not bad, but we discovered we aren’t really all inclusive kind of people. Playa has nice restaurants and we enjoy exploring.

2  Thank Susan N

Dear susansac,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Playa del Carmen for your recent vacation. It's a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and liked our service, and location.

We appreciate your time and preference, and hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed September 18, 2019 via mobile

We recently stayed at the Hilton Playa Del Carmen. I had also been to this same resort 5 years ago when it was The Royal. While many things are the same, the service and food were exceptional. All the staff were amazing but Alfredo would even search for you in the pool (and even find you covered in foam at the foam party) to deliver your drink. Honestly this was the best pool service I have ever experienced.

Yes the beach isn't exceptional but they do a great job clearing out the seaweed and the bar service on the beach was just as great as the pool (and free cabanas). The construction to me was never even remotely a problem and actually made the resort less crowded.

Pro tip: get a poolside room and a $30 hour beach palapa massage off property less than 100 yards down the beach. Stay for the pool foam party... so much fun!

4  Thank Dpoehlertx

Dear Dpoehlertx

We cannot thank you enough for sharing this wonderful review. It is greatly rewarding to know you had such a pleasant stay and that our team members contributed to a memorable experience. We'll be delighted to share your kind words with Alfredo.
Thank you for your loyalty. We look forward to welcoming you back!