We stayed at the resort Dec. 23 - 30th. Our travel agent recommended this resort because it was close to the downtown area of Playa del Carmen and that there would be other young adults for our daughters to hang out with. We weren't disappointed. I emphasize the young adult thing because most of the reveiws I've read from people traveling during holiday times haven't touched on this fact. The resort is very lively with many young singles, so if you are looking for a quiet place for a romantic getaway Christmas/New Year's week, you might not be happy here.
I agree with all other observations of the resort. The rooms are very comfortable, the staff is responsive, beach is beautiful (very busy with foot traffic because of holiday week). We enjoyed the food very much. Yes, reservations for Maria Marie were needed, but not a big deal at all to get. One night when we were there a couple tried to walk in without a reservation and were turned away not because they didn't have a reservation but because the man was wearing shorts. They are very explicit about dress code for evening wear, so if you don't try to bend their rules you'll do fine. All in all, great place. If I had one criticism it would be that they need to replace about 50% of their beach lounges that are broken.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the powdery white sands of the Caribbean, The Royal welcomes guests to a world of all-inclusive luxuries exclusively for adults. Situated on the Riviera Maya just steps from Playa del Carmen's famous Fifth Avenue, the AAA Four-Diamond resort boasts all-suite accommodations with private balconies and spectacular views, plus special options such as swim-up suites and beachfront walkouts. From beach butlers to romance concierges, the attentive staff provides genuine hospitality at every turn as guests enjoy the luxurious spa, exquisite cuisine, natural beauty, and many other delights of The Royal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Royal Playa del Carmen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Porto Real
- Royal Playa De Carmen
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Riviera Maya, Mexico