The Royal Playa del Carmen is an outstanding experience from the time you arrive until the time you leave. In fact, you won't want to leave! From the moment we arrived, we were greeted by truly friendly staff that went out of their way to make us feel welcome and wanted. From the front desk to the housekeepers, these people were genuinely nice, much nicer they had to be. In fact, during our stay, we got to know several staff members as more than just staff. We were able to learn a bit about their culture and way of life.
The grounds are extremely clean and well cared-for.
The food is 5-star all the way across the board. (Hint: at Maria Marie, ask for the NEW menu).
The beach is beautiful and clean. The beach butlers are wonderful! Make sure to take a para-sail ride, you won't regret it!
Also, seek out the Coffee House, located by the 'Quiet Pool'. Go by and see Mario (the Best!) and ask him for a 'Mango Mario'...you'll love it! The Coffee House was my wife's favorite place!
The rooms are wonderful and extremely clean! My thanks to Teresita De Jesus, our housekeeper for the great job she did in our room!
Like Margaritas? You MUST go and see Perez at the Lobby Bar! Perez makes the best margarita in the world! (make sure to order it on-the-rocks) Ahhh...Perez, how we miss you!
My wife and I had a couples massage at the spa. As a first-timer, I must confess to being a bit apprehensive. However, the staff here were true professionals and made us feel very comfortable. Lucely and Lucy were awesome massage therapists, and I would highly recommend you ask for them.
Don't hesitate to leave the resort grounds in the evening and walk 5th Avenue in town. It's a wonderful experience and you will be very safe. We never once felt threatened.
Overall, our stay here was awesome! I cannot recommend this resort enough! 6-star quality and service from start to finish!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the powdery white sands of the Caribbean, The Royal welcomes guests to a world of all-inclusive luxuries exclusively for adults. Situated on the Riviera Maya just steps from Playa del Carmen's famous Fifth Avenue, the AAA Four-Diamond resort boasts all-suite accommodations with private balconies and spectacular views, plus special options such as swim-up suites and beachfront walkouts. From beach butlers to romance concierges, the attentive staff provides genuine hospitality at every turn as guests enjoy the luxurious spa, exquisite cuisine, natural beauty, and many other delights of The Royal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, TravelUp, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Playa del Carmen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Porto Real
- Royal Playa De Carmen
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Riviera Maya, Mexico