My wife and I traveled here over a year ago and never wrote a review. We now feel compelled to write a review because of how bad our recent trip went at another resort, the Majestic Elegance in Punta Cana. After our recent experience we have decided that we will not stray from The Royal Playa del Carmen or The Royal Cancun ever again!! We fell in love with The Royal Playa and the next year stayed at The Royal Cancun and thoroughly enjoyed both. We have been to several all-inclusive resorts, some good, some bad, some average. The Royal is truly Exceptional!!!
The staff at The Royal is what makes you fall in love with it. Every member of the staff greats you with a smile and a hand over their heart. Our pool waitress, Daisy, is one of the sweetest people we've ever met and took such good care of us. The waiters at all the restaurants gave us outstanding service at every meal. They seem to enjoy their jobs and being around such friendly people made a big difference in our overall experience.
The food was awesome!! It is not just good for an all-inclusive either, we would pay to go to these restaurants back at home. We haven't been to many all-inclusive's where you miss the food when your gone, but I guarantee you will miss the food from here when you're back home. I would describe each restaurant but they are all good!! We also ate at the Mexican and Italian at the sister property across the street and they were delicious as well.
The drinks were all great! Have your favorites, but also ask for suggestions and the bartenders will help you find "new" favorites. They have all the best top-shelf liquor and pour nice stiff drinks every time. We tipped for every drink and at every meal and you can tell the staff truly appreciates it. My wife and I worked in the service industry in our college years so it is just in our nature to tip, but the staff does not expect or solicit tips by any means. It was nice to see that our tips were appreciated because at other resorts we've been to tips seemed to be expected and the staff members are not always grateful.
The pool was fantastic! We are early risers so we would get a in morning work-out and save a couple chairs around 9am, then eat a delicious room service breakfast and get back down to our chairs by 10am. We spent most of our days at the pool but would venture out to the beach for a few hours to float around in the beautiful water. We like to lay out by the pool rather than beach so I can't comment on the beach service.
The rooms are very, very nice. We used the Jacuzzi daily and loved it. The beds are very comfortable as well.
Room Service was great! We ordered room service everyday and would also order for late night dinners. I've had room service from other all-inclusive resorts and it is always been mostly average or just plain bad. The room service at The Royal is truly delicious. The salads and soups are fresh and the beef and chicken dishes were always great.
Overall, The Royal Playa del Carmen is truly a 5 star resort that exceeded our expectations on nearly every aspect of our stay. The Royal makes you feel at home while your there and that's a pretty good feeling. We are already planning our return trip to both Royal resorts with our first 5 days in Cancun and then finishing up where it all started for another 5 days in Playa del Carmen.
If your on the fence about this hotel, JUST GO!!!! You will not regret it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the powdery white sands of the Caribbean, The Royal welcomes guests to a world of all-inclusive luxuries exclusively for adults. Situated on the Riviera Maya just steps from Playa del Carmen's famous Fifth Avenue, the AAA Four-Diamond resort boasts all-suite accommodations with private balconies and spectacular views, plus special options such as swim-up suites and beachfront walkouts. From beach butlers to romance concierges, the attentive staff provides genuine hospitality at every turn as guests enjoy the luxurious spa, exquisite cuisine, natural beauty, and many other delights of The Royal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your The Royal Playa del Carmen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Porto Real
- Royal Playa De Carmen
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Riviera Maya, Mexico