2nd time at the royal, still a great hotel and fab staff, very relaxing you dont have to join in with the activities if you dont want to. we had room 350, although we asked for 348 , rooms are all the same but some have bigger balconies and 350 has very small uncoverd one and no hammock .
we ate at all the resturants all were fantastic except Spice, we tried it twice and both times the food on the hot plates was luke warm and food should always be hot to kill off any germs, we ate lunch at pelicanos and got wonderful service special mention to Lucas and Manuel
everywhere was clean and the rooms spotless, its a shame they dont have more entertainment after the show finishes, you have to take a small walk up to 5th Ave for more bars with music,we are an couple in our early 60,s but we still like our music and fun , Coco Bongos was fabulous never think your to old had a great time there,
we were by the noisey pool both times and never found it bothered us at all, we are all there on holiday so you have to have some music and laughter ,would certainly reccomend this hotel to people, you would be hard pushed to find a better hotel at the same price
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the powdery white sands of the Caribbean, The Royal welcomes guests to a world of all-inclusive luxuries exclusively for adults. Situated on the Riviera Maya just steps from Playa del Carmen's famous Fifth Avenue, the AAA Four-Diamond resort boasts all-suite accommodations with private balconies and spectacular views, plus special options such as swim-up suites and beachfront walkouts. From beach butlers to romance concierges, the attentive staff provides genuine hospitality at every turn as guests enjoy the luxurious spa, exquisite cuisine, natural beauty, and many other delights of The Royal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Royal Playa del Carmen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Porto Real
- Royal Playa De Carmen
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Riviera Maya, Mexico