I have been some many times to Mexico that I don't count anymore. From Riviera Maya to Cancun to Acapulco... most of them all all-inclusive 3, 4 or 5 stars hotels but sometimes not.
This place was truly my favorite of all time. The location is perfect: sorry but the location is THE BEST (if you want to walk on 5th for exmaple or take the boat to Cozumel). The food is awesome and we never had to wait for a seat at any of the a la carte resto (I waited two minutes at the Maria Marie on Wednesday but I can deal with this). The service is great. Staff is great (specially if you get to know them better). My personnal opinion is that this hotel would be ranked in the top 7 if it was not for some of the comments: no #1 for price/quality in my book and I have stayed at some of the top ten hotels mentioned on this site. This is truly the best quality/price ratio that I have encountered so far. Yes, you can get away from time sharing stuff. Yes, you can live with some mid-day only renovations (I spoke with the workers for several minutes and can tell you that they do their best to avoid any sound).
This hotel is very very clean no question about that. I left a bit of sand underneath the bed and two hours later it was out. Yes, I am some sort of tester... Bertha did an awesome job.
We were four and had to think carefully to find cons at this place. Just to name a few: Matt at the bar, Teresa, Omar, Ruben, Geraldo, Alfonso (his tag says Helston because there are too many Alfonso). Chef`s plate (luxurious 7 services restaurant) cooks had prepared a super delicious cake for my birthday. They cooked scallops (not on the menu) for my brother.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the powdery white sands of the Caribbean, The Royal welcomes guests to a world of all-inclusive luxuries exclusively for adults. Situated on the Riviera Maya just steps from Playa del Carmen's famous Fifth Avenue, the AAA Four-Diamond resort boasts all-suite accommodations with private balconies and spectacular views, plus special options such as swim-up suites and beachfront walkouts. From beach butlers to romance concierges, the attentive staff provides genuine hospitality at every turn as guests enjoy the luxurious spa, exquisite cuisine, natural beauty, and many other delights of The Royal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Playa del Carmen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Porto Real
- Royal Playa De Carmen
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Riviera Maya, Mexico