We are on an all inclusive package in the Royal Playa del Carmen. As its motto goes it exceeded our expectation. First the welcome - the procedure was a little lengthy since we were a big group and the paper work did take time. What took time was to understand the various facilities available. We choose a room facing the ocean - and i would suggest you choose one although the suites facing the lawns are a little less expensive. The room has a queen sized bed. An added attraction was a jacuzzi in the room.
Service is excellent. There is a well stocked bar, with beer, whiskey, rum, vodka together with tonic water, soda or soft drinks. There are also small eats -wafers, peanuts to munch on. The room had a bottle of wine to begin with
For food - there are several restaurants to choose from - Spice for a variety of continental food, italian cusine, Asiana that dishes out Asian cusine, There is also a snack bar open 24 hours should you feel hungry.
Drinks - A bar in the lobby, two bars by the main pool and several smaller bars by the various restaurants.
Entertainment - Come sundown there is a show each day and there is always music should you choose to dance
Playa del Carmen is a wonderful beach- white sands, with azure blue waters. Great for a swim and for those who love water sports, there is snorkeling and scuba diving, the latter comes with a charge.
I have been on several vacations, but this is about my best experience of a holiday to remember!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the powdery white sands of the Caribbean, The Royal welcomes guests to a world of all-inclusive luxuries exclusively for adults. Situated on the Riviera Maya just steps from Playa del Carmen's famous Fifth Avenue, the AAA Four-Diamond resort boasts all-suite accommodations with private balconies and spectacular views, plus special options such as swim-up suites and beachfront walkouts. From beach butlers to romance concierges, the attentive staff provides genuine hospitality at every turn as guests enjoy the luxurious spa, exquisite cuisine, natural beauty, and many other delights of The Royal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, TravelUp, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Jetsetter, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Playa del Carmen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Porto Real
- Royal Playa De Carmen
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Riviera Maya, Mexico