“Beautiful Scenery AND a Workout!”
Review of Xplor

More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I visited Xplor with my family of five. My impression from the pamphlet and description was that this attraction was going to be more of a tour, but it is not; this is more similar to an amusement park.

We zip lined, swam in BEAUTIFUL underground rivers, rafted, and used the amphibious vehicles. The buffet was included, and I thought it was delicious. There was also free food and drink scattered throughout the park. The park itself was very clean, which was impressive for the mass amount of people that were there. Overall, it was a great day. However, there are a few things to note before you decide to go.

1. Be aware that once you enter the zip-line tower, there is no going back. They warn you of this. My brother is deathly afraid of heights, but he insisted that he wanted to zip-line. Once he realized just how high we were, he had an all-out panic attack. The workers were very patient, but told him that he had no choice but to go. He survived...but just barely :)

2. Speaking of zip-lines, I suggest you do these last. At least don't do them first. Since it is the main attraction, everyone heads to this area first. We waited in line for a good hour and 45 minutes before we actually got to go. However, by the middle of the day the wait time was down to 20 minutes!

3. Wear water shoes. We all wore sandals, which was fine but annoying. Also, buy them before you arrive at the park unless you want to pay $30.

4. There is a LOT of physical activity involved. Tons of stairs to climb, lots of walking, and of course lots of swimming. I'm in decent shape, and I was exhausted and sore by the end of the day.

5. Photos for a family of five were $144. They are taken all throughout the park and recognized via the number on your helmet. We purchased the photos of just two of us, but there were many photos of our family members scattered in as well, so it worked out really well.

Overall, a very fun day for the adventurous type :)

3  Thank Katie H
Write a ReviewReviews (16,462)
All reviews
in 132 reviews
"underground river"
in 442 reviews

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We visited xplor in July 2013. The zip wires were amazing, the river rafting was really good, but hard to control, rivers were good to swim in, lots of space, and you have the choice of lengths you want to do on the rafting and river swimming. You could go in buggy's and drive into cave, but you have to be 18 and over. It is really good for families, and young ones and teenagers. We are going back next year, to Mexico, and will be visiting xplor again but at night time. Opt is well worth the money.

1  Thank Rebecca K
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Better than Xcaret....if you want the great experience do Xcelha and Xlplor. Even busy Xplor worked well and the activities were top notch.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

great fun swimming and rafting through the underwater caves then topped it off zip lining over the jungle then on to a great buffet