See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 5, 2009

Friends of ours booked the Xaman Ha Grand Penthouse 7209. They e-mailed the utube video to us and we were all pretty excited to go to this luxury condo. Well turns out the utube video is pretty old, and the penthouse is pretty shabby now. You can cook in the kitchen, but be prepared to wash dishes by hand. The dishwasher is gone. If you don't keep up with the dishes, the cockroaches and ants will come out. Well actually the ants were there all the time, we saw the roaches when it was dark and the lights were flipped on.

Did you notice that nice telescope in the living room? It's not there now. I was thinking it would be cool to look at the cruise ships and towards Cozumel on it. Bring your binoculars folks. There is also no computer for your use. They provided internet access, so bring your own laptop if you need to use a computer.

The baclony furniture is pretty old and ratty. The two lounge chairs are split down the middle, so don't let any heavy people sit on them, your likely to finish the job and end up on the floor. Every single plant on the balcony is dead or should be put out of it's misery. Why have them, if you won't hire a gardener to take care of them? There is also a lot of junk on the balcony. On one end behind the dead plants is a broken ladder. At the far end of the balcony, they have some makeshift boards that seperate you from the neighbors balcony. That end also has 3 or 4 garbage bags full of something or other partially hidden behind some more dead plants.

They have some area rugs scattered about the condo. The rug in the living area is nasty and dirty with lots of stains. The living room furniture is cheap rattan, and very uncomfortable. The end tables and coffee table are cheap and have marker or crayola marks on them. I personally didn't find the decorating scheme charming at all. Tacky is the word that comes to my mind.

Don't know who the bathroom artist was, but the fish drawings on the wall and all that fish motif is real tacky.

All in all the whole place is pretty run down and needs some new paint and a good cleaning. The location is great, and other condos are taken care of by their owners. Stay away from 7209 and you should be pretty happy.

Date of stay: March 2009
Reviewed January 8, 2009

We stayed in the front "house" right on the beach and it was great! He had a very large group of adults and everyone enjoyed the vacation! It was so nice to have our own patio in front of the house overlooking the blue water! My fiance and I actually stayed in one of the basement rooms. It was a little small, but who cares when you are only sleeping there. It was so nice to walk up the stairs every morning to see beautiful skies and pretty water right outside the window. The local feel is great! We loved taking breaks from the beach and walking in town! Food was great and we really enjoyed the option of making our own dinner at the house on a couple of occasions. I would love to go back soon!!

Date of stay: March 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 20, 2008

My recent stay at the XamanHa Penthouse was fantastic! The condo is extremely spacious and was equipped with everything necessary to make my trip complete. And the view was unlike any I've seen before. Whether sitting on the large balcony or relaxing by the pool or seaside, the location was outstanding. Additionally, the condo's proximity to shopping, restaurants, etc. was ideal.
I definitely would recommend your condo to others who may be interested. Not to mention, I hope that I'll be returning again in the near future! Muchas gracias!

Reviewed November 16, 2008

I booked the week with 6 other mom's! We left behind 15 kids! From the moment we stepped into the Grand Penthouse, we were in heaven! The view is spectacular!!! The grounds are clean, the pool area is perfect, especially being so close to the tropical, blue water! Seeing the cruise ships and Cozemel in the distance is an added view! Having someone come in daily to freshen up the place was wonderful, since all of us are used to doing this at home! THANK YOU!! For a whole week we all felt like Queens. The location could not have been more perfect....wonderful restaurants, shopping, and for the coffee lovers, to have a Starbucks within a few blocks was just perfect! We all felt very safe and comfortable on the grounds! The Mom's from Chicago will be back!!!!

Reviewed November 16, 2008

Outstanding Vacation spot... Pure Paradise.
Could not have asked for anything better!!!
Sites were breath taking
Weather was fantastic.
Condo was very clean, well kept,very beautiful.
We will be back.