“Grand Penthouse Xaman Ha 7209” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Xaman Ha Grand Penthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Playa del Carmen
Xaman Ha Grand Penthouse
BC
“Grand Penthouse Xaman Ha 7209”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Our family of 4 stayed at Xaman-Ha Grand Penthouse 7209 for a week in mid Feb. Had a great time. The building is in an excellent location and a short walk from 5th ave, but away from all of the noise and activity. The beach on the south side of the ferry terminal is so much nicer than the north. The unit is a little old but clean and suits a beach vacation. Lots of clean towels for the showers and the pool. Mari cleaned every second day and did an excellent job. We had a few minor issue but John the owner called us quickly and got things resolved. Our son found his bed a little hard but we used the foamy off the other bed and it was perfect. We were not sure how many of the units in the building were occupied but it was never crowded by the pool and the beach area in front of the building was close to empty. The balcony is huge and the view is excellent. The condo property was clean and well maintained. If you are looking for a Condo in Playa I would highly recommend it.
P.S If you prop the door open you get a great breeze

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TraveltimeBC

Solo
Business
Plymouth Meeting, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

We booked a 3 bedroom condo through Playacar Vacation rentals. Our group was composed of Hubby and Me, My parents, my 2 kids and a teenage nanny.

I booked this location because I was interested in transitioning from an all-inclusive to a more independent lodging in Playa. I was not disappointed!

The condo complex was very well maintained, and the unit was lovely. We were there just at the beginning of the high season, so they did do a bit of work at the bar around the pool while we were there. No big deal--the little footbridge was closed for one day. There was also a wedding party there during our stay. Not disruptive at all, and honestly, we were creepers a bit!

If you're willing to walk a bit, everything is within reach. There's a convenience store out at the corner with beer, snacks, etc. Prices weren't typical American jacked up 7-11 prices. You can also comfortably walk to either the Chaudrai (sp?) or Super Walmart if you're doing a serious grocery shop. We did this several times. Both stores have taxi stands, so you can get a ride back to the condo with your purchases for $6. Totally worth it! I'd say the Chaudrai was more reasonably priced.

We had 3 BR and 2 baths in our unit, plenty for our group. We were also lucky to have some beach umbrellas and blankets in the unit. It also featured wifi and voip phone services. On the downside, there was a Bosch washer/dryer combo that never did seem to dry the clothes--and the cycle was 4 hours plus. Also, we found out that the oven was not working, but the stovetop was. No biggie--we did eat most of our dinners out, and the condo did have the grill available by reservation if we chose to use it. When it's crowded, this might not be an option. In the 7 nights we were there, 2 were reserved by the wedding party.

The maid service made the condo feel much closer to an all inclusive. Even though she basically just swept up each day, straightened up, and brought fresh towels, it was an excellent level of service.

This condo is at the very end of Playa, so it's pretty quiet, yet close enough to walk to restaurants if you choose. The beach is wide open, and there are no palapas. There are chairs available to drag down to the beach, and the staff will help you pull them back at the end of the day. We had the opportunity to speak with several condo owners around the pool, and all were really positive about the property.

Would I buy a condo here? Probably not, (but only due to all the hoops I'd jump thru) but I'll certainly take advantage and rent here as often as possible. The prices for the high season here are cheaper than July at the Jersey Shore, and I'd much rather drop out in Playa than Ocean City, NJ

We arranged our own hotel transfer--not sure if the condo offers this, but it's not hard to arrange on your own. You could also hop the bus from Cancun airport to Playacar, and the walk would be minimal from the bus station. I think I paid about $150 for a private van. Would have done the $9US bus service if my mom were a bit steadier on her feet, but she has health issues, so the private transfer was totally worth it. They took us right to the Playacar Vacation Rentals office for check-in, and then even shuttled us the 1 block back to the property to drop us off with our luggage.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
8 Thank Jennifer S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2011

Always a Great Stay.

I love this condo. The balcony is great, the largest in the complex. Beautiful view. The rooms and beds are new and comfortable and decorated nicely.Every room has TV and DVD and Cable. The cross breeze through the the entire place is wonderful. Full size appliances are uncommon for rentals. Great to have the refrigerator filled with cold beers and water. Over the past 20 or so years I have stayed at Xaman Ha a dozen times. I have stayed in several other units. The last five years I have only stayed in the Grand Penthouse. It feels like home.

4 Thank UncleBabe
Crystal Lake, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2010

Great time!! Great Beaches!! Very Close to town for Shopping , Resturants and Fun!!

1 Thank nut2010
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2010

This condo was beautiful, with an incredible view of the Carribean. The condo was beautifully decorated. The unit has a big porch overlooking the water. Swimming pool is great. I would definately come again, and would highly recommend staying in this unit.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank hunter35805r
River Forest IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2010

Nothing makes me happier than walking through the front door of the Grand Penthouse at Xaman Ha and being greeted by the spectacular views. I have been to Playa at least once a year for the past 10 years and the Grand Penthouse for the last 6 or 7 years. You couldn't get me into an all-inclusive, because I love being able to try out all of the interesting restaurants in town and the great shopping....Xaman Ha is in such a great location for daily walks in and around town, and the new and improved beach is a spectacular improvement. I have stayed in maybe 4 different condos at Xaman Ha but the Grand Penthouse is hands down, my favorite and at this point, it feels like home. It is cheerfully decorated, very clean and has a great kitchen and super balcony overlooking the beach and pool, and the owners are very responsive if ever there is some sort of mechanical problem. I will definitely go back again !!

Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank JaneMcRiverForestIL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2010

My friends and co-workers having been staying here annually for years. This past Nov. was my 1st time and I immediately saw why they keep coming back. There's plenty of space, nice kitchen and baths and the best part is the view from the very large balcony. It overlooks the beautiful grounds, pool and beach. Just spectacular! I was comfortable and felt right at home. Can't wait to go back!

2 Thank MildredFierce