“Juicy Chicken hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ferron's Jerk Chicken

Ferron's Jerk Chicken
Ranked #109 of 1,217 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Jerk Chicken is one of the most delicious Jamaican dishes, it is a grilled spicy chicken that comes with warm bread and the House special souce, sweet and spicy. You can add grilled corn on the cob, coleslaw, white butter rice and mac and cheese. For dessert we have creme caramel. This is a delicious and different choice!
Edmonton, Canada
“Juicy Chicken hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

I sure loved the chicken and the laid back style of the Jamaican owner Mitchell. We had a good chat and rattled away in Jamaican patois. The chicken is deliciously slow cooked on the outside BBQ . The corn was also cooked on the BBQ and retained its juices, very yummy. I am not a fan of coleslaw, but its there to cool the lips (lol). I didn't find this Jerk Chicken to be "fiery" which is a good thing, so my wife could enjoy. I think Mitchell is going to have his hands full come the winter season and may be enjoying a lot of traffic. Good Luck Mitchell.

Linda & Errol

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carmen R, Gerente at Ferron's Jerk Chicken, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
Hi Linda and Errol!
Thank you so much for writing us such a nice review!!! Mitchell enjoyed so much the conversation with you and it is so happy for all the good wishes you send him for the winter!! Thank you so much for your visit and for taking the time to contribute with our restaurant, helping us to get other people to know us!! We send you a big hug all the way to Edmonton. Have a wonderful day!

Tulum
“Amazing value and amazing jerk! I stop here everytime Im in PDC!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

I´m a local from Tulum and have family in PDC. My old man introduced me to this spot and we order it everytime I´m visiting him. It is really great chicken and probably the best I´ve had in the Mayan Riviera. Much different than Sinaloa and in my opinion much better tasting. Not only is the main dish excellent, but so is there roasted corn and slaw. I have never eaten at the location (only ordered), but plan on visiting and say hi to Ferron, who ive heard is a very nice guy. The dude who delivers the chicken is always very friendly, great guy. Visit this spot, you wont regret it.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello!!! Thank you for such a nice review!!! We are so glad that you are a regular customer and that you like not only that our chicken is different, but our sides as well, thank you so much for sharing your valuable opinion with everybody. Mitchell is really a very nice guy and our delivery guy as well as our location staff are very friendly as well. Thank you for contributing with us helping other people to find us and know about us, we really appreciate this! We send you a big hug and we wish that you are having a wonderful day!
“Looking forward to a Jamaican vacation after this! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Great flavored chicken, creamy coleslaw, bbq'd corn on the cob, went with wife and two kids and the 219 peso family meal was enough for all. Glad it was here good to have a Lil change from all the El pastor tacos I've been having

1 Thank stephen d
Carmen R, Manager at Ferron's Jerk Chicken, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Hello Stephen d!
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about us! I highly appreciate it. And I am happy that you liked our food and how reasonable priced are our packages. I hope that you enjoy your time in Playa del Carmen, and we would love to see you and your family comming back soon! Have a wonderful day!!
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
“Best Chicken Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

Friends had told us this place was great and we finally made it. WOW!!! It is delish! Spicy and tender chicken. The roasted sweet corn is great. The cole slaw (mayo based) is awesome. Staff was friendly. Service was quick. The location probably makes it more of a local's place, but well worth a taxi ride from the tourist area. We will definitely make this a regular place to grab dinner.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Phyllis L
Carmen R, Manager at Ferron's Jerk Chicken, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Hello!! Thank you for taking the time to write us a review as nice as the one you wrote! We highly appreciate it and it motivate us to keep the good service.
We hope to see you again soon! Have a wonderful day!
UK
“Best chicken I have ever had...location on trip advisor incorrect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Great chicken literally melted in our mouth. Also excellent value and fast service. A few words of advice.... 1. The location on tripadvisor is incorrect so we had trouble finding this place. Put the address into google maps to locate. 2. Dont try and walk there from the main tourist part of town. The shop is well off the beaten track. Take a cab for 40 pesos each way......it is well worth the cost!!!

2 Thank magpieblackwhite
Carmen R, Public Relations Manager at Ferron's Jerk Chicken, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Hello! I want to thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We highly appreciate your feed back nice words.
I just checked our adress in TripAdvisor and it is correct. We are in Av. 105, Local 3, between Constituyentes and 30 Bis, and in Google Maps we appear as Ferron's Chicken, and there it shows where we are located as well. Our location in Google Maps is correct as well.
Sorry about the confusion on finding the place and thank you for the advice!
Have a wonderful day!