“Top Tier Dining in Playa”

Negroamaro Italian Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #139 of 1,255 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Restaurante Italiano ubicado en la 5ta Avenida con horno de lena y productos importados directamente desde Italia.
Norwich, Connecticut
“Top Tier Dining in Playa”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

This is our fifth and last night in Playa and we had the amazing good fortune of selecting Negroamaro for our last dining experience here. We cannot emphasize enough how truly exquisite our experience was. Nicola, one of the owners, who also is the one of the chefs, and serves as well, is extraordinary. His passion for food and his devotion to an exceptional dining experience made this our top dining experience in Playa. The quality of the food that we consumed, from of the homemade pasta, to the Tiramisu, to the Limoncello (based on a secret recipe from Nicola's mother), were beyond fabulous. We were blown away by the freshness and the flavors of each and every dish that we consumed and we cannot recommend strongly enough that other partake of this amazing dining experience.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Traceylasz

• Slovak first
Toronto, Canada
“Will Go Back”
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We were a group of 9 people last night. It was raining hard but the restaurant had very nice cover for several to eat outside. Great ambiance. Our Server (Alex) did a great job and was very attentive. The food ranged from 'ok' to 'Excellent'. The Focaccia pizza was great as an appetizer to share. I had tasted the Shrimp Risotto and Mushroom Risotto. These dishes were 'good' but possibly a bit boring to eat as a full meal. We shared so it worked. The Gnocchi was definitely the 'winner'! I highly recommend it. The pizza was very good...one of them could have been baked a bit longer but i would also recommend the pizza. I didn't taste the salmon but it got a great review from the person who ordered it. Last...dessert... The Tiramisu was 'ok' but not all that it was cracked up to be. However the dark chocolate lava cake was fabulous. The cappuccino was also very good! Try this place!

Visited December 2013
Province of Olbia-Tempio, Italy
“100% italian”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

First of all, I am Italian even if I write this review in English.
Second, I am in this business, I know what I am writing about.
Third, read my profile and reviews, I do not write often about restaurants, because I know how difficult it can be to run this kind of business, BUT THIS PLACE NEED A REAL REVIEW, from someone who really knows about food and restaurants, because I've read some of them that can't be true, or at least very hard to believe.
This is an Italian restaurant, 100% Italian, owned and ran by Italians! It is about as authentic as you can find in Playa del Carmen. All of the staff converse in Italian, the pasta noodles are freshly made daily, the interior ambiance is enjoyable and outside tables are a plus.
Me and my family have stayed in Playa for a month and we ate here four or more times during my time in Playa: all of them were excellent. The first time I requested out of their standard menu (a special request from my 5 yrs old daughter), but the server asked the owner if they could accommodate my request which they did. This place is ran and owned by two professional Italian chefs, Francesco and Nicola, both from the south of Italy (Puglia), very hard workers that know how to prepare and serve food. I talked to them several time, about how difficult it can be to find good ingredients or good employees here in Mexico and to manage them...
We had appetizers, risotti, lasagne, pizze, meat and fish and some dessert (my daughter loved the preparation of the tiramisu' at the table)! The pasta were all excellent, you can tell the difference when fresh spaghetti are used! The sauces were all delicious, sometimes spicy which I was notified of when ordering but not overwhelming. Fresh fishes are hard to find here in Playa, we had mostly meat and pizzas, which I found that can be done better IF YOU HAVE THE RIGHT FLOUR AND THE RIGHT PIZZA MAKER!!! And even if you find the right pizza maker you have to hope that he comes every working day....
Anyway, the service was excellent and waiters were very attentive. The place was always packed and most of the times we've been there we didn't have a reservation. The waiters recognized me from my first visit and treated me as their favorite guest..
The menu is not pricey and the portions are large enough to take some home for the next day.
When/if we'll return to Playa del Carmen in the future we'll go there again.
I've read some review complaining about quality of food and service, due to lack of waiters or chefs in the kitchen, and I know that a bad day can occur once in a while, but poisoning a family is something very hard to believe.
Francesco e Nicola, continuate cosi': a Playa non avete rivali!!!

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank taned99
Riverwoods, Illinois
“Negroamaro”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Always looking for good places in Playa and decided to try Negramaro after reading Trip Advisor reviews. Excellent! The setting is delightful. The staff was attentive. The vegetarian pizza was very good. Nice crispy crust. I had the gnocchi with eggplant, cherry tomatoes and mozzarella baked in their wood buning brick oven. Best I've ever had. Highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Great authentic Italian food!”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

My husband and I decided last minute to eat somewhere quick before heading back to our hotel. We were a bit tired of the tacos.. So decided on eating somewhere Italian. I really wasn't expecting much.. Thinking we're in Mexico...Italian is not their main dish BUT wow .. Felt like home !
Thanks so much for the great food and amazing tiramisu!

• Visited November 2013