“Gourmet and delicious” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Negroamaro Italian Bar & Restaurant

Negroamaro Italian Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #86 of 1,091 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Restaurante Italiano ubicado en la 5ta Avenida con horno de lena y productos importados directamente desde Italia.
Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gourmet and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We walked by the Negroamaro Restaurant. (The name comes from a red grape from Southern Italy) and we liked several items in the menu. Among them, the risotto with fungi and also risotto with shrimps. I decided to try the one with fungi and it is the best I have ever tried. My husband tried the gnocchi with eggplant, etc and that was excellent. For desert we shared a chocolate cake that I will call "Volcano with lava" accompanied by a delicious vanilla ice cream. Oh my God.... I want to try all this again. The staff was very nice and service is very very good!! The restaurant is centrally located on 5th ave. between 34 and 38 st. Thank you for a wonderful dinner.

• Slovak first
Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
“Best Italian value on 5th”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Friends had recommended the Chef's appetizer platter and it was a delicious selection of mini starters for about $10. The fresh pasta was fine and I enjoyed the choice of the different flavored sauces available. We are going back tonight to try the pizza.

Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
“A great find on 5th”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I will start by saying that for a restaurant on 5th the prices are fantastic. Based on the quality of food and service, it was a tremendous surprise. The bread starter was exceptional. We shared a margarita pizza, that was perfection. Exceptional crispy crust, with just the right amount of tomato sauce and cheese. We both agreed it is possibly the best pizza in Playa. We then shared the beef ravioli with a cream nut sauce. Beautiful rich flavour that I have never experienced before.

The chef and his staff are definitely doing it right, and hopefully they will continue to please, as we definitely will be back.

Playa del Carmen, Mexico
“Authentic Italian, excellent service, great ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Fantastic pizza from wood burning oven -- thin and crispy crust -- fresh ingredients. Excellent fresh salads. All pastas are house made, and the homemade beef ravioli was amazing. If you can't eat in Italy, eat here.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
“Wow!! This place has it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

I consider myself somewhat of a pizza connoisseur, working in several local pizza joints in the US and one traditional Italian family run Italian restaurant. Having said that, I've had all the "recommended" pizzas in my several stays for months at a time in Playa. This place, HAS THE BEST PIZZA, and not just in Playa. I mean, outside of Italia, this place has the best pizza. My wife had the Margarita (asked for a little well done) and I had the white truffle and mushroom. Both cooked to her and my perfection. Wood fired, crispy crust, perfect amount of sauce, and you pizza aficionados will understand this one; when the pizza cools, the slices actually separate without any extra cutting. Do you know how hard it is to cook a hand tossed pizza to perfection without the slices breaking off at the tip and not being the slightest gooy but not overdone? Trust me, it's hard. Both of these were perfect, tasty and the service (Paulo) was excellent. Will be returning next time we come to Playa.

• Visited August 2013