“Awesome service”
Review of Koox Hotel Banana

Koox Hotel Banana
Ranked #128 of 215 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Reviewed March 15, 2011

I loved the service at the "Hotel Banana" everybody was great! very helpful and kind.
We had such a beautiful time in a nice relaxing hotel, the rooms are perfect for what you need, the ambience makes you feel relaxing and the service is awesome.
We loved it, my nephew loved to go to reception, climb the seat and smile while was getting a candy.
Thank you my friends! If you want to be two blocks away from the best beach club (Mamitas) in Playa del Carmen, one of the best argentinian restaurant (El Diez) and over the quinta, walking to get everywhere, this is the option!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed March 13, 2011

Located at the end of the famous shopping strip in Playa, we walked the strip every day. Plenty of restaurants and bars nearby. We had a room facing the street which was great for people watching. Noisy party the last night, but we were so tired it wasn't a problem. The beach was an easy walk about 4 blocks. Pool at the hotel is tiny and within their atrium. Some construction across the street, not noisy, just unsightly. Very good Cuban restaurant about a block north on 5th.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2011

Was travelling from Belize to Cancun and decided to stay one night in Playa Del Carmen. Hotel Banana is a simpel and fairly priced hotel. English-speaking and helpful staff. Rooms are spacy and defo worth the value. Breakfast was nothing special but it is in a very nice spot with tons of restaurants and cafees right down on the street so many to choose from. The same street does pose a bit of a problem at night time as it gets crowded with tourists looking for a good night out. However, nothing bad about the hotel and the noise problem must be the same for all the hotels in the area.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 20, 2010

We were at Playa for a wedding. We picked Hotel Banana because it seemed to be the one to fit our needs. From the beginning when getting all the rooms we needed (14) the staff was always available. . Matteo and Roberto answered all my numerous questions via e-mail promptly. On arrival they were friendly and receptive of all our needs. We were 32. We really enjoyed our stay at Banana. It is not a fancy resort but it was very clean and very near the beach. and everyone was very nice. I was right in choosing this hotel for this special occasion.
It is at the end of Quinta. Super location. Besides the Italian resIturant next door was really good. Just ask my new I Italian son-in-law.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 26, 2010

Do not stay here. The desk clerks will insult you and try to get every penny in "extra fees". Beware of using any credit card or source where they can take money from you without your consent!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jia30066
Reviewed June 27, 2010

I visited Playa del Carmen along my wife and two baby girls one 1.5yo and other 3.5yo. When I reserved they promised a premium luxury room. However, the room was small, old looking and nasty. They have a bunch of rules to comply with. They have a tiny dangerous swiming pool. They have a bunch of rules they ask to comply with: room towels rules, beach towels rules and 70usd deposit, room rules, breakfast rules, swiming pool rules. To me, this hotel is almost a nazi hotel not nice for family vacations. When we used the swiming pool they ask my family to do it silently.
Finally, they tried to charge 300usd for mattress damages. They accussed my younger daugther of spilling urine on the mattress. Since I refuse to pay, then they call the police. Then both cops and owners got in the room, they conduced a search along with the police officers who finally recogniced the fact was false. Nevertheless a not mexican lady who seems to own the hotel ask us to educate our children. It is true, breakfast is poor and the staff is not helpful.
Do you want to have a cops encounter during your vacations? Visit Banana hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
7  Thank ckeerr
Reviewed February 6, 2010

I spent 2 days at the Boutique Hotel Banana. since I had never been to Playa Del Carmen, I had some difficulty finding the place, but Roberto, (the owner I assume) gave directions that were very good. I was pleasantly suprised to find the hotel sat at the beginning of the "stirp" where all the action takes place in the evening hours and just a couple short blocks from the beautiful Carribean Sea. Ususally I stay at resorts but decided to try out one of the boutique hotels as reffered to me by another. I am so happy I did. Although not overly fancy, it was reasonably priced and clean and very cute. Not to mention the staff was excellent, far more personal than any high priced resort. I had my dog with me and the taff offered to "dogsit" while I was gone for the day at Xe-Hal. What a great hotel and I would highly recommend this hotel for the adventureous minded. It was a wonderful experience. Thank you to all the staff of Hotel Banana,I look forward to another stay.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends