“Amazing mexican food here!”
Review of Taqueria El Fogon

Taqueria El Fogon
Ranked #37 of 1,326 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

This place is directly across from the MEGA store. Its not hard to find because the place was really busy, tons of people. This is one of the highest rated Mexican places in downtown Playa Del Carmen.

I ordered so much food here I am kinda ashamed of myself, it was all just so good. Tacos al pastor, pollo quesdillas, carne asada taco plate and a side of beans.

The al pastor tacos were served to me first, they had bits of cilantro and onions on top. The meat marinade was amazing and the meat was so soft it was literally melting in my mouth. Very amazing tacos. Next up was the pollo quesdillas. I thought I was only getting one quesadilla but I read the menu wrong and ended up with three. The menu is ONLY in espanol, no English.

The quesdillas were alright, they were served in flour tortillas instead of corn ones. The cheese they used was regular Mexican guy cheese, but it didn't taste too good. This was the least favorite thing of my meal.

The carne asada taco plate was served to me next. They kept bringing stuff to me as it was being made by the hard working guy behind the grill. Basically it was a big plate of carne asada meat with tons of little corn tortillas on top, you got to make your own tacos with it, with their sauces. The meat was cooked perfect. Tortillas were fresh and made to order.
The side of frijoles I ordered was amazing. The broth they used in conjunction with the pinto beans made me wish I ordered way more of these things.

This place was an awesome authentic Mexican experience for me. The food is priced good, service was great and everything tasted so freaking good. I would definitely hit this place up if you're in downtown Playa Del Carmen.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

The tacos we ordered tastes very good. Tacos al pastor and Carne Azada. I did not find it expensive. I recommend it!!!

Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

Delicious. Authentic. Priced reasonably. Nuff said. Get yourself to playa for some tacos! The salsa is hotter than it looks!

Reviewed May 16, 2014

After reading a lot of positive reviews about Taqueria El Fogon, we decided to try them out for dinner while on vacation in Play del Carmen in May. This is an open air restaurant, as are most of the restaurants in PDC. They have fans on to help circulate the air. We were fortunate to get one of the last open tables, as this place was packed and a line formed to get a table. We tried the pork and steak tacos, which were outstanding. Yes, they were a bit greasy as the reviews stated, but they were very flavorful and moist. We will eat here again the next time we make it to PDC.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

I've eaten at taco places all over Mexico and this place was average at best. The tacos are tasty but as has been mentioned in other reviews they are quite greasy. The service I experienced wasn't the best either. My server didn't say more than 5 words to me the whole night despite the fact that I spoke to him in Spanish while ordering. When I left a 10% tip he just shrugged his shoulders and grunted as if he thought he deserved more. It is certainly a good value for the money but the whole experience was just ... meh.