Open today: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Spearing Playa Del Carmen

Wow! My wife and I just finished two days of diving with Luis and Javi...what an amazing operation... read more

Reviewed October 9, 2018
Dylan S
via mobile
BEST EXPERIENCE OF OUR LIVES

Luis was very patient and so, so kind! It was my first time spearfishing and my fiancées ninth. We... read more

Reviewed July 27, 2018
m0rgankd
Boulder, Colorado
via mobile

All reviews these guys puerto aventuras spear gun deep swimming pool super fun half day trip parrot fish an amazing experience captain gear depth wreck boat reef adventure equalizing dive
Reviewed March 19, 2017

Arpon was very easy to communicate with and book a trip. I travelled solo and booked prior to leaving Canada, and I was given a very reasonable price, based on joining another party for the morning. When I arrived, the other party had cancelled, too much drinking the night before. Javi still honored the price and sent me out for the morning with Matius. These guys are honest business men. All snorkelling gear is provided.

After some quick lessons and gun safety tips, we were in the water. Matius wasted no time in taking me to some incredibly deep water. He estimated 80 to 100 feet. I struggled to reach the bottom, and could not stay there for long the few times I made it to the bottom. I found it helped when I convinced Matius to add some weight to my belt, but he was not comfortable adding too much. He was always checking on me to make sure I was happy and comfortable at these depths.

A word of warning, after 4 hours, I was exhausted, cold and could barely muster the energy for each dive attempt. What an experience though. It was surreal being in the middle of the ocean, floating hundreds of feet from the boat, feeling totally vulnerable, like a spec of sand in this vast body of water. I did end up spearing a small fish, but by the end, I didn't even care if I caught a fish, it was a humbling and peaceful experience. I would recommend Arpon Spearfishing to anyone.

Date of experience: April 2016
1  Thank Chris D
Reviewed March 3, 2017

I really enjoy fishing, but have never freedove or spearfished before. I wanted to try it out. It was a tremendous adventure. Matias, our guide, was very skilled and caught a number of fish. When I got tired I took a break on the boat and enjoyed the view. The people at Arpon were all very accommodating. Before my trip I researched, read reviews, and then decided to contact Arpon to book the 4 hour charter. Cynthia got back to my email quickly. She was very responsive and answered all my questions. The prices were reasonable and at my request Cynthia even helped arrange round trip transportation through one of her trusted transportation services. Thanks!

Dan

Date of experience: February 2017
Reviewed February 20, 2017

I found Arpon Spearfishing via Google. Contacted Cynthia by email to arrange the date and location since I was staying in Cancun. I arranged for a taxi (Moises Flores--998.894.3447) to get me to and from Cancun--Hotel Zone. He waited for 4+ hrs whilst I was out on the trip--(total with tip $140USD). I met with Javi, the owner of Arpon, to finish paperwork and figure out what gear I would need. They provide all gear if necessary. Javi introduced me to Rojo, the boat captain and my guide, Matias. While traveling to the dive site, a sunken boat in about 60' of water, Matias gave me some pointers on yoga breathing/breath holding to help me get down to the mast of the boat, 37'. I've had some experience with spearfishing, but mostly shallow blue water & shore diving. We were on the fish within 30 minutes of leaving the harbor. Rojo is was always vigilant and an excellent captain. Seas were moderately choppy with some wind--typical for this time of year. Water temp, 81F! Matias is an exceptional spearfishing guide who provided perfect guidance on getting down to our quarry! Came home with 5kg Permit and 1.5kg of Barracuda. I highly recommend these guys, very professional and incredibly affordable!! I will DEFINITELY be coming back!!

Date of experience: February 2017
1  Thank K2herman
Reviewed December 28, 2016 via mobile

Had a trip booked, it's an hour from Cancun and conditions were not good too rough. They took us out anyway. Fine for advanced free divers not good for a novice (seasick family and frustrated divers trying to get to 45' down)
The allowed us a second chance four days later but the van never showed to pick us up. David and Cynthia very nice people but check conditions carefully if you aren't an experienced free diver it's a challenge.

Date of experience: December 2016
2  Thank E1526TLdavidm
Reviewed November 11, 2016

If you're staying in Cancun, rent a car for a day to get down to Puerto Adventura. It's much cheaper than taxi.

THese guys love to spearfish. Cap. Dave was great and Mathieu was one of the best spearos I've seen.

Date of experience: November 2016