Open today: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Wonderful Experience we will be back!

My wife and I booked a last minute trip to Tulum as things started opening back up and have... read more

Reviewed July 4, 2020
byrnerm1
Charleston, South Carolina
via mobile
Spearfishing tour for PROs

I recommend this spearfishing tour for intermediate to professional spearos. There is fish and... read more

Reviewed April 14, 2020
R5191NXpaulc

All reviews trigger fish spearfishing adventure free divers ceviche la caleta fresh catches fun challenge puerto aventuras red snapper half day trip boat captain four hours javier barracuda crew gear guns
Selected filters
Reviewed March 3, 2017

I really enjoy fishing, but have never freedove or spearfished before. I wanted to try it out. It was a tremendous adventure. Matias, our guide, was very skilled and caught a number of fish. When I got tired I took a break on the boat and enjoyed the view. The people at Arpon were all very accommodating. Before my trip I researched, read reviews, and then decided to contact Arpon to book the 4 hour charter. Cynthia got back to my email quickly. She was very responsive and answered all my questions. The prices were reasonable and at my request Cynthia even helped arrange round trip transportation through one of her trusted transportation services. Thanks!

Dan

Date of experience: February 2017
Reviewed February 20, 2017

I found Arpon Spearfishing via Google. Contacted Cynthia by email to arrange the date and location since I was staying in Cancun. I arranged for a taxi (Moises Flores--998.894.3447) to get me to and from Cancun--Hotel Zone. He waited for 4+ hrs whilst I was out on the trip--(total with tip $140USD). I met with Javi, the owner of Arpon, to finish paperwork and figure out what gear I would need. They provide all gear if necessary. Javi introduced me to Rojo, the boat captain and my guide, Matias. While traveling to the dive site, a sunken boat in about 60' of water, Matias gave me some pointers on yoga breathing/breath holding to help me get down to the mast of the boat, 37'. I've had some experience with spearfishing, but mostly shallow blue water & shore diving. We were on the fish within 30 minutes of leaving the harbor. Rojo is was always vigilant and an excellent captain. Seas were moderately choppy with some wind--typical for this time of year. Water temp, 81F! Matias is an exceptional spearfishing guide who provided perfect guidance on getting down to our quarry! Came home with 5kg Permit and 1.5kg of Barracuda. I highly recommend these guys, very professional and incredibly affordable!! I will DEFINITELY be coming back!!

Date of experience: February 2017
1  Thank Keith H
Reviewed January 4, 2017

I went with my family during the holidays. My 12 year old and I did the spearfishing while my wife and daughters snorkeled. Lots of fun. Make sure to have the dinner at the local restaurant that uses the fish from the trip. Nothing is fresher. Take plenty of photos afterwards!

Date of experience: December 2016
3  Thank 910edwardb
Reviewed December 28, 2016 via mobile

Had a trip booked, it's an hour from Cancun and conditions were not good too rough. They took us out anyway. Fine for advanced free divers not good for a novice (seasick family and frustrated divers trying to get to 45' down)
The allowed us a second chance four days later but the van never showed to pick us up. David and Cynthia very nice people but check conditions carefully if you aren't an experienced free diver it's a challenge.

Date of experience: December 2016
2  Thank E1526TLdavidm
Reviewed November 18, 2016

I CANNOT say enough about Javier and Cynthia who run this dive! We were all beginners (& I, myself, am not a strong swimmer) and he took the time to teach us everything we needed to know. Spear fishing is NOT joke and takes A LOT of work, so this trip is not for the faint of heart, but if you like to sun tan while they work hard to get you fish, the cook-out following the spear fishing trip is absolutely DELICIOUS!!!!! Javier WILL get you fish, even if your group is not experienced enough to get your own. He is VERY patient and works extremely hard. When one of our girls got seasick, they even took her back to the dock. He filets the fishes and then takes you over to the little restaurant nearby and they cook it up SO WONDERFULLY. There was WAY too much food and we all over-ate because it was so good. If you are wanting to try spearfishing, this company/guy is IT!!!!

Date of experience: November 2016