“Amazing Experience”
Review of Arpon Spearfishing

Arpon Spearfishing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We specialize in reef and blue water spearfishing in Puerto Aventuras and serving hunters from Playa del Carmen, Cancun, Riviera Maya, Puerto Morelos, Tulum and Cozumel.
Reviewed March 3, 2017

I really enjoy fishing, but have never freedove or spearfished before. I wanted to try it out. It was a tremendous adventure. Matias, our guide, was very skilled and caught a number of fish. When I got tired I took a break on the boat and enjoyed the view. The people at Arpon were all very accommodating. Before my trip I researched, read reviews, and then decided to contact Arpon to book the 4 hour charter. Cynthia got back to my email quickly. She was very responsive and answered all my questions. The prices were reasonable and at my request Cynthia even helped arrange round trip transportation through one of her trusted transportation services. Thanks!

Dan

"equalizing"
"dive"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed February 20, 2017

I found Arpon Spearfishing via Google. Contacted Cynthia by email to arrange the date and location since I was staying in Cancun. I arranged for a taxi (Moises Flores--998.894.3447) to get me to and from Cancun--Hotel Zone. He waited for 4+ hrs whilst I was out on the trip--(total with tip $140USD). I met with Javi, the owner of Arpon, to finish paperwork and figure out what gear I would need. They provide all gear if necessary. Javi introduced me to Rojo, the boat captain and my guide, Matias. While traveling to the dive site, a sunken boat in about 60' of water, Matias gave me some pointers on yoga breathing/breath holding to help me get down to the mast of the boat, 37'. I've had some experience with spearfishing, but mostly shallow blue water & shore diving. We were on the fish within 30 minutes of leaving the harbor. Rojo is was always vigilant and an excellent captain. Seas were moderately choppy with some wind--typical for this time of year. Water temp, 81F! Matias is an exceptional spearfishing guide who provided perfect guidance on getting down to our quarry! Came home with 5kg Permit and 1.5kg of Barracuda. I highly recommend these guys, very professional and incredibly affordable!! I will DEFINITELY be coming back!!

Date of experience: February 2017
1  Thank K2herman
Reviewed December 28, 2016 via mobile

Had a trip booked, it's an hour from Cancun and conditions were not good too rough. They took us out anyway. Fine for advanced free divers not good for a novice (seasick family and frustrated divers trying to get to 45' down)
The allowed us a second chance four days later but the van never showed to pick us up. David and Cynthia very nice people but check conditions carefully if you aren't an experienced free diver it's a challenge.

Date of experience: December 2016
2  Thank E1526TLdavidm
Reviewed November 11, 2016

If you're staying in Cancun, rent a car for a day to get down to Puerto Adventura. It's much cheaper than taxi.

THese guys love to spearfish. Cap. Dave was great and Mathieu was one of the best spearos I've seen.

Date of experience: November 2016