Open today: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Spearing Playa Del Carmen

Wow! My wife and I just finished two days of diving with Luis and Javi...what an amazing operation... read more

Reviewed October 9, 2018
Dylan S
via mobile
BEST EXPERIENCE OF OUR LIVES

Luis was very patient and so, so kind! It was my first time spearfishing and my fiancées ninth. We... read more

Reviewed July 27, 2018
m0rgankd
Boulder, Colorado
via mobile

All reviews these guys puerto aventuras spear gun deep swimming pool super fun half day trip parrot fish an amazing experience captain gear depth wreck boat reef adventure equalizing dive
Reviewed December 28, 2016 via mobile

Had a trip booked, it's an hour from Cancun and conditions were not good too rough. They took us out anyway. Fine for advanced free divers not good for a novice (seasick family and frustrated divers trying to get to 45' down)
The allowed us a second chance four days later but the van never showed to pick us up. David and Cynthia very nice people but check conditions carefully if you aren't an experienced free diver it's a challenge.

Date of experience: December 2016
2  Thank E1526TLdavidm
Reviewed November 11, 2016

If you're staying in Cancun, rent a car for a day to get down to Puerto Adventura. It's much cheaper than taxi.

THese guys love to spearfish. Cap. Dave was great and Mathieu was one of the best spearos I've seen.

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed October 20, 2016

As a professional freedive instructor and spear fisherman, I have high standards of expectations and Matty upheld them all. They put me on the fish and landed my personal best permit as well as had a blast. Went back and did it twice. Highly recommended!

Date of experience: November 2015
Thank C.j. A
Reviewed July 24, 2016 via mobile

I highly recommend Mattias (guide) and Jonathan (captain). This was the first time my husband and I have been spear fishing and definitely not the last! Mattias is highly skilled at spear fishing. I call him the " Fish Whisperer" bc when he swam down the fish would magically appear. And apparently he currently holds 3 world records in spear fishing!

We rented an all day private charter. I prefer not to do dangerous activities with other tourists (if you catch my drift). It was nice to have all the personal attention. If you have never spear fished before, which we had not, you have to hold your breath and swim down 20, 30, 50 feet to really get close to the fish. I probably made it closer to 25 feet while my husband made it closer to 50! Next time I plan to practice my breathing in a deep swimming pool and get some ankle strength with flippers.

At the end of the trip they cooked up the fish we speared in their local restaurant!

Spear fishing was BY far one of the coolest things I have ever done! Mattias and Jonathan made it well worth the money!!

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed July 15, 2016

Went with Arpon spearfishing twice while we were here. My son and I freedive and got a bunch of fish. They have all the gear you need to dive, but we brought our own gear. The areas they dive can get deep. The reef dive around 25-40 feet and at the wreck, 90 ft. My son got a large permit around 45-50 lbs at 55 ft depth there. They have a restaurant at the pier to prepare the fish for you, when you get back in. The cerviche was excellent and the fish was prepared a couple of ways, which were very tasty. Will plan to call them again when we return.

Date of experience: June 2016