Review Highlights
Spear fishing charter

This is a very well run charter. I have spearfished in many countries and in multiple states of... read more

Reviewed August 19, 2022
hunterj927
AWESOME TIME

My family and I did a half day spear fishing and snorkeling trip. The boat wasn’t fancy but the... read more

Reviewed July 5, 2022
Cruiser25967077800
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
via mobile

All reviews these guys fishing charter javier captain boat species mexico skills safety
Selected filters
Reviewed January 4, 2017

I went with my family during the holidays. My 12 year old and I did the spearfishing while my wife and daughters snorkeled. Lots of fun. Make sure to have the dinner at the local restaurant that uses the fish from the trip. Nothing is fresher. Take plenty of photos afterwards!

Date of experience: December 2016
3  Thank 910edwardb
Reviewed December 28, 2016 via mobile

Had a trip booked, it's an hour from Cancun and conditions were not good too rough. They took us out anyway. Fine for advanced free divers not good for a novice (seasick family and frustrated divers trying to get to 45' down)
The allowed us a second chance four days later but the van never showed to pick us up. David and Cynthia very nice people but check conditions carefully if you aren't an experienced free diver it's a challenge.

Date of experience: December 2016
2  Thank E1526TLdavidm
Reviewed November 18, 2016

I CANNOT say enough about Javier and Cynthia who run this dive! We were all beginners (& I, myself, am not a strong swimmer) and he took the time to teach us everything we needed to know. Spear fishing is NOT joke and takes A LOT of work, so this trip is not for the faint of heart, but if you like to sun tan while they work hard to get you fish, the cook-out following the spear fishing trip is absolutely DELICIOUS!!!!! Javier WILL get you fish, even if your group is not experienced enough to get your own. He is VERY patient and works extremely hard. When one of our girls got seasick, they even took her back to the dock. He filets the fishes and then takes you over to the little restaurant nearby and they cook it up SO WONDERFULLY. There was WAY too much food and we all over-ate because it was so good. If you are wanting to try spearfishing, this company/guy is IT!!!!

Date of experience: November 2016
2  Thank 628liatia
Reviewed November 11, 2016

If you're staying in Cancun, rent a car for a day to get down to Puerto Adventura. It's much cheaper than taxi.

THese guys love to spearfish. Cap. Dave was great and Mathieu was one of the best spearos I've seen.

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed October 20, 2016

As a professional freedive instructor and spear fisherman, I have high standards of expectations and Matty upheld them all. They put me on the fish and landed my personal best permit as well as had a blast. Went back and did it twice. Highly recommended!

Date of experience: November 2015