Graffiti Playa Hostel
$191
$610
$587
  • Breakfast included
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
$385
$293
  • Breakfast included
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
$413
  • Breakfast included
Royal Hideaway Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
$331
$217
Barcelo.com
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
$1,434
$726
Bookit.com
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
$438
$472
$973
$450
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Hotel Playa Graffiti is possibly the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. Despite the friendly staff and good location, this hostel has nothing to offer its guests. In my 4 nights there I had many problems with the lack of running water (which apparently is normal) and flushing toilets. The hostel was extremely dirty. All the bathrooms and dorms could do with an intense spring clean.

This hostel is a classic example of a hostel that can charge expensive rates for nothing due to location. However, you should definitely look for something for better value in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

We booked a rom for one night and get back a confirmation of a cute little room, with a balcony, private shower and nice decorations...
I get there late and they are not ready with the room yet and ask me to wait. No problem, i go to have lunch.
I come back and the guy in the reception takes me somewhere completely different, ca.5min walk from the hostel.
There is no reception there, in this old, abandoned looking building. First impression is that this is a flipping disaster.
Then i get to see the room! No balcony, a covered window looking onto the disaster "garden", no bathroom, just a jail cell!
I show them my booking and they tell me that that room doesn't actually exist, but that the one that is sort of similar is occupied by the owner and all his things.
I ask if this room has a different price. No. So i tell them we are leaving, upon which the poor receptionist guy tells me his axx of a boss will charge the room on my card. Cos this has obviously happened before and everyone has been charged.
DO NOT STAY IN THIS PLACE! EVER!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank dreadream
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We were meant to stay in a private room but ended up staying in a dorm, there was mold on the wall next to my bed and it was just kind of damp and gross. Probably one of the worst hostels I've ever been to as it's so dirty and run down, but we still had fun and I don't regret staying there as it's so cheap, good location and close to cheap restaurants.

Room Tip: For $10 more than what you pay for a private room here you can get a nice room at the Labnah hotel on the beach.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fattbetty
Reviewed January 9, 2014

This hostel was by far and away the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. Apart from the central location, this hostel has absolutely nothing else to offer. The dorms were almost uninhabitable given that it was so dirty and the facilities did not work - we had no running water and the waste bins were never emptied during our 4 nights of terror. To top it all off, they do not supply lockers and the rooms were not lockable.

Look for hotels in Playa as they are around the same price and you don't need to have a penicillin shot afterwards.

On the other hand, the staff were quite friendly and we did meet some nice people staying in the hostel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Chebe01
Reviewed January 4, 2014

The room was spacious, however the bed was not comfortable and during our stay (5days) no cleaning facilities were available. Our room was not located in the main building, and the general feel of this extended block is a dirty feel, also the front door lock did not always lock properly. The only advantage of this hostel is it's location - very well located to the centre. Just outside the building there's a public bus service to Tulum and other touristic places.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple