“A Nice Bistro”
Review of Alla Griglia - CLOSED

Alla Griglia
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Decided to take the stroll up the extended walk on 5th Avenue and was glad I did as I stumbled on a nice bistro. The atmosphere is al fresco with limited indoor seating.

I had the Ravioli de Aragosta and it was superb. The main dish was preceded by focaccia bread and an olive oil/balsamic vinegar dip which was pretty much the usual. The main dish itself consisted of three large lobster and shrimp stuffed ravioli served on a rectangular plate covered lightly with a mild tomato sauce. Each ravioli was garnished with a basil leaf (grown in pots outside the restaurant) and a couple more leaves finished off the plate decoration. You are provided a small hand grater and a small, hard chunk of parmesan for seasoning to your taste. The pasta was perfectly al dente and delicious. I supplemented my meal with a rich tasting cafe Americano. All in all, a pleasant adventure. The server was quick and polite and not pressing you. I will go back once more before I leave this paradise.

There are newer reviews for Alla Griglia

Reviewed April 27, 2013

This is a tranquil place on 5th with gourmet touches and reasonable prices. Delicious pastas. Great sandwiches of specialty pastrami, pork, or sausagues. Daily dinner specials have included brined salmon, petite filet, and a huge pork chop. A glass of French Merlot for 39 pesos. Open for breakfast through dinner. I've been there five times in the last three weeks. English spoken and the chef is friendly. Closed Monday.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

We found this place a week ago and went back again last night.
The food is great - last week we had a Tbone steak (perfectly cooked) and salmon ravioli(yummy cream sauce), and an amazing cheese plate. The cheese plate is really delicious with high quality cheeses and a nice variety. Last night, it was a pastrami and swiss sandwich and a pork confit and goat cheese sandwich. The pastrami and the pork were fantastic - very tender. The prices are great - very reasonable, and much lower than other places on 5th. The food is much higher quality than other places too. They serve delicious garlic bread and olives to the table as well. There is a cute little patio, and it's back of the street so you won't be bothered by vendors or mariachis. I highly, highly recommend this place. Fantastic food and great value.

1  Thank ACC1979
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We ate lunch there last week and loved this place. We shared a bottle of white wine for 160 pesos and the server brought us some spicy almonds to snack on. My friend and I both had the pastrami sandwich. My friend said it was the best she's ever had and goes to NYC yearly. My hubbie had a pork sandwich. Everything is fresh and made in house. The portions are big and the prices are very reasonable. They have some pastas and cheese plates on the menu and a very nice patio. We will definitely be back next trip!

1  Thank desiroo
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This place opened while we were in PDC. On the 16th of March I believe. It's tucked away off 5ta avenida but there are signs for it off the street. The owners are a very nice couple that recently moved to the area and bring a lot of culture and good food with them. Definitely and great place to start your night with wine and cheese! Lots of meats on the menu as well.

1  Thank elCubanito305