“Great for Vegans and Vegetarians”
Review of La Senda

La Senda
Ranked #21 of 1,333 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery
Description: "La Senda is a small 100% VEGAN Restaurant in Playa del Carmen, we Serve breakfast, Smoothies, Superfood's and delicious Mexican and International Food, we have a very casual and relaxed atmosphere this is a place where you can enjoy 100% HOME MADE NATURAL FOOD, made with LOVE AND CARE. We are a truly clean and HEALTHY restaurant with a respectful and loving philosophy to all beings on earth! We are not 100% organic and local but try our best to get the best ingredients in town, all our food is prepared with ORGANIC EXTRA VIRGEN COCONUT OIL, GREAP SEED OIL, EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL FOR RAW PREPARATIONS ONLY, SEA OR MOUNTAIN SALT and ORGANIC GREENS AND SPROUTS, WE ALSO HAVE ORGANIC COFFEE, and MEXICAN/VEGAN TACOS, VEGGIE BURGERS, AMAZING SALADS AND YUMMY DESSERTS, HOME MADE ALMOND AND OATS "MILK" not other Restaurant in playa provides this Healthy approach to HEARTY FOOD like we do. COME ENJOY WITH US!! IF YOU TAKE CARE OF YOUR HOME AND TEMPLE (BODY & SOUL) COME TO VISIT US!
Reviewed March 9, 2014

My wife and I eat a plant based diet and we loved this place. There are (thankfully) now a number of vegan/veg options in Playa and while we have some favorite dishes at each, this is the best vegan restaurant we have ever tried. Period.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I had the lentil burger which was moist and very tasty and served in a pita bread instead of a big heavy bun. It was delicious and i had a litre of juice which kept me going all afternoon. The staff was great - i would thoroughly recommend this place for vegans and non-vegans who want some good healthy food. Price was very reasonable.

Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had a late lunch and are largely vegetarian when possible to eat healthier and feel better from that choice. Today we only wanted something lighter as it was a warm day walking about PDC. The menu is in Spanish but the waitress spoke fairly good English & was very helpful. I choice a smaller salad with quinoa & asked for a small side of beans. The salad was wonderful, being like a fresh salsa with tomato, cucumber & cilantro. My spouse had the lentil burger, which was about the biggest vegetable burger we ever have laid eyes upon & really tasty with a nice side salad for about 150 pesos. I see from a previous comment they are working on an English version menu too, which will be wonderful, as one wouldn't want to miss trying out more in this sweet little spot. Others there said they'd been back 3 times as they didn't have to worry about their daughter who is strictly vegan...and that the desserts were also wonderful. Nice regional music was playing in background too. Free wifi.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Amazing ! Everything was great, vegan heaven,will come back again! Staff was excellent, service was great!,,

Reviewed February 17, 2014

The only disappointment was that we didn't find the restaurant earlier! My boyfriend and I went to La Senda on our last night in Playa del Carmen and absolutely loved it! We are both vegetarian but prefer to go vegan when ever possible, and La Senda is 100% vegan. So nice not to have to worry, I don't speak much Spanish and their menu was all Spanish but I knew I could order anything and it would be fantastic! My boyfriend had the Lentil Burger and it was one of the best burgers he or myself have had. I got the raw zucchini pesto pasta and I knew it would be good but it was even better than I thought possible. We also had a juice each, which both were the best juices I've ever had, one had ginger and it was fabulous. We were so satisfied with our meals that I recommend this place to anyone, omnivore or herbivore. The staff was excellent, I spoke my little bit of Spanish to tell the young male waiter I do not speak much Spanish and if he spoke English, he said a bit but did a fantastic job, spoke very well. I think the owner came and got our plates and she talked with us a bit, very friendly and a pleasure to be around. Love, love, love this place, wish we had ate every meal here! If you are going for dinner go earlier, they close at 7pm, which was one reason we didn't go earlier in our trip. EXCELLENT!