“Great”

Ranked #3 of 20 Museums in Playa del Carmen
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great”
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Excellent store. Beautiful pottery. Worth a visit if only just to look. Smaller pieces were reasonably priced. As for the jewelry, the silver was beautiful.

1 Thank Emily B

Boston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Does anyone have phone number?”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I loved this shop. We bought an amazing paper bark art piece but we accidently left it in the taxi when we arrived home in the US. I would love to replace it. Please let me know if anyone has contact information for the owners. Thank you.

Visited September 2013
5 Thank mustardbloom
State College, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“wonderful shop”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Found this little store by accident - what a gem. These are the keepsakes you want to take home and display forever. Truly unique, though you will recognize some of the themes (lucha libre, day of the dead) they are all done in a new and beautiful way. Only problem was not buying more - wish I could shop here on line for the things I foolishly didnt buy the first time around. Extremely friendly shop keeper. If I understood correctly, designers create the items, but then they are made by local women's cooperatives - very smart and you can feel good about buying it.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank rebecca m
Vernon, British Columbia, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Shop - Beautiful items made by Mexican artists”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Lovely items with everything from handmade textiles, unique jewelry,pottery, & bark paper artwork. Owner is knowledgable about the art forms, their meaning & the artists. Bought a few items one day and then went back for more a few days latter. Good value for the pieces purchased.This is like a "gallery" shop. Don't expect to barter. If in Playa again, we will go back!

Visited May 2013
3 Thank Bruce P
Nashville
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Lovely shop”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This little store seems so out of place on 5th. They have beautifully curated artisan items from the area and definitely not the sombreros and shot glasses in the neighboring shops. I purchased a beautiful hand embroidered table runner, a ceramic plaque and some small silver earrings for what I considered a very reasonable price. There are a few rather higher priced items, but the craftsmanship and detail supported the asking price. We hope to return to Playa next year and I will be visiting Sol Jaguar again.

Visited May 2013