“Great food, great staff!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of El Tapas & Company

El Tapas & Company
Ranked #23 of 1,155 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, great staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

I've been there last night for dinner and the food is amazing! The waiter was very kind and he suggested me what to eat. I would definitely recommend it!

Visited August 2013

• Hebrew first
“El Tapas is Spain in Playa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

We just ate here today, August 13th, 2013. The food was incredible. We had papas bravas, shrimp al ajillo and the seafood Paella. I have traveled to 13 countries, Spain, Mexico, Morocco, England, Mexico, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, etc... This is on my top five restaurants of all time. Jaime (the owner) is just the Madrileño perfecto to run this restaurant. Service was impeccable, food was amazing, the price was more than fair (140 pesos or about $12 dollars for the seafood paella) that easily fed my wife and I without the papas bravas or the camarones al ajillo. This place ranks right up there with the best in Playa and for about half the price. Small, quaint, personable and great.
If you're looking for authentic Spanish tapas and Paella, this place needs no further consideration. We will definitely be going back!!!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Tenochito
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

The best food in Mexico I've ever taste, the service was excellent Jose Luis the waiter was very funny and kind. The manager surprise my wife and I, with a wine bottle cuz I told him about we were celebrating our anniversary. Definitely I recommend this restaurant in playa del Carmen.

Visited July 2013
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“Food and Friends! Life is GOOD!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is one of my favorite restaurants in Playa Del Carmen . XAVI et al. are so friendly and welcoming. The food is excellent, the waitstaff is attentive, and the atmosphere is cheerful. I have enjoyed the food and always meeting new people . I highly recommend it !

• Visited July 2013
Miami Beach, Florida
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

The food was delicious and the service was outstanding. I would highly recommend this restaurant to any one who wants to experience have a great time with family and friends while enjoying an incredible meal and delicious wines and sangria.

• Visited July 2013