“Amazing restaurant, with great service and unusually good food”
Review of Camino Ka'kaw - CLOSED

Camino Ka'kaw
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Independent gastronomic forum of chocolateria and author cuisine, based on the art, traditions and culture of Mexico. We strive to offer you a pleasant sensorial experience. Our cacao beans and chocolate is all natural, transformed in our kitchens into fabulous dishes such as Hibiscus Tostadas, Chocolate Mole Brownie in creamy coriander sauce, Chocolate Tamale with guava chutney, or homemade pastas like Cacao Fetuccini in almond pesto or Chocolate Vegetarian Lasagna. Salads of fresh local greens, spouts, fruits and nuts with a choice of extras and dressings like Creamy Habanero, Tamarind, Red wine and Chocolate infused with cardamom. Satisfaction guaranteed !
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Very much enjoyed my experience here back in September - so much so I went back a couple more times, despite the vast food choice in PDC. Food was exceptional and seemed different to most things I've tried around the world, and in London.
Their prices are very reasonable, with very friendly service, particularly the owner who is very personable and happy to share the story behind his restaurant.

One of the most memorable eating experiences on the Riviera Maya - a definite recommendation.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

My grandson and I went to town to explore the local flavor. We were staying at Riu Yucatan a short taxi cab ride away. The restaurant is so colorful and adorable. It was very clean and had air-conditioning or you could also sit outside alfresco. We chose the air-conditioning since Playa Del Carmen was a bit hot that day. My grandson chose a tasty sandwich and I had the croissant with strawberry and chocolate. We also shared some chocolate tamales. We had fresh juice served in hand made clay cups. It was such a wonderful memory.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Go to the north end of 5th Avenue at around 42nd street. You will find an amazing little cafe' that serves excellent, tasty, healthy, hand-crafted food. The staff are very friendly, speak English well, the place is very clean and stylish, and the food and beverages are wonderful.
If you are a little put off by the fact that they infuse all their food and drink with chocolate, keep in mind that chocolate is not always sweet. I had the vegetable lasagna and was not disappointed. It was layers of homemade pasta, vegetables, cheese, tomato sauce, on a bed of special chocolate sauce. The salad was fresh and hearty. The cold chocolate drinks were amazing (like horchata, but richer and chocolatey), it was fun drinking them out of carved wooden bowls. I also had the chocolate tamales, but was not impressed with those as they were a bit dense and dry.
If you like artisan foods, want an authentic foody experience in a gem of an out-of-the-way place, you'll love Camino Ka'Kaw. They are on Face Book with photos of the menu items. (PS I loved all the shops on that block, so it won't be a wasted trip if you venture to the "top" of 5th Ave.)

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I had a wonderful surprise... I enter just expecting some chocolate desserts but they surprise me with a wonderful art cuisine. Very recommended... Better if you come hungry :)

Reviewed March 24, 2013

This restaurant is located just at the end of the main part of 5th avenue, but really worth the detour.
Very original cuisine all based on cacao, delicious home made chocolate, cute place, nice atmosphere. The prices are very wallet friendly, so that you can have a 3 course meal without having to question whether you can afford it!
If you live in Playa you won't come here just once. If you are visiting, you must come and try.
I really recommend the mole brownie.