“Best meal in my whole trip”
Review of Veneno Vil - CLOSED

Veneno Vil
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We ordered the chef's degustacion, which included a little bit of everything, it was one delicious surprise after another, the chef himself came to our table and paired our dishes with the wine we ordered, we spent about 200 dlls for me and my wife but it was worth every penny, at first since the portions were so small I thought I wouldn't be satisfied but by the end man was I wrong! I filled up good, the place is not fancy at all but it is quite lovely, staff were very nice and the restaurant is quite new, I don't often spend this much on a dinner but I do not regret any penny or bite of it.
Next time I'm in town I will surely eat here again and I would recommend to anyone who does visit Playa del Carmen to give it a try as well.

There are newer reviews for Veneno Vil

Reviewed April 7, 2013

The food and service is first class Ruben and his sous chef use fresh ingredients to create very flavorful food with great presentation. If they offer you the tasting menu that is not listed, try it. Every course was wonderful and beautiful. Ruben takes the time to explain each course and waits for your approval. This restaurant would be a success in any foody city. Do not miss this new experience in Playa Del Carmen.

1  Thank shoes1948
Reviewed April 6, 2013

As a chef has been to Playa del Carmen & Tulum to teach Mayan Cuisine for the past 7 years I will say that this is THE BEST new restaurant in Playa del Carmen now and for years to come. Chef Ruben Lopez passion and talents are rival by only those in the James Beard Awards category here in the United States. His techniques in combining flavors that are rooted in Mayan techniques and flavors with a modern twist and a touch of Mexican are rivaled by no other Chef / Restaurant in Playa de Carmen at the moment. This year I had the pleasure of dining there on my first trip back in February, but came back in March and chose Veneno Vil again to have dinner. His flavor combinations, execution, and ingredients are by far something that if you are in Playa you must experience. The ambience is modest and unassuming but lovely and romantic, the service is impeccable and the food, wine list and drinks are...well, what can I say...future Michelin Star in the making. Go to Veneno Vil and support a locally owned and operated restaurant that exemplifies what the food of that region is all about. Bon Appetit!

2  Thank Annette C
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Chef Ruben's creations are lovely to look at and his love of food is felt in every bite. His talent for different blending of flavors makes you want to return every night. Chef Ruben enjoys sharing his ingredients and cooking style with you which adds to the relaxing dinning experience. I enjoyed the night with 7 friends, each ordering a different dish. I had tuna....out of this world !!! We also shared 4 amazing appetizers and 2 yummy deserts. The Mexican wine list and the flavored margaritas (in fabulous glasses) were a hit. We ALL agreed it was a night of outstanding delicious food from start to finish. A must culinary experience!

1  Thank 965LindaC965
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We are always on the look-out for new places. This new restaurant is a refreshing addition. The chef is proud of his creations and has every reason to be so.
We tried the shrimp soup and the shrimp aguachile for starters and the the shrimp empanadas and the peppers stuffed with lobster, very well executed and presented.
The menu has more than seafood, by the way.
Will go back to try other selections on the menu.

1  Thank Guy-Luc