“Best Queso EVER”

Mar de las Pampas - Asador de Campo
Ranked #313 of 1,242 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Rekindle with our Argentine Pampa wilderness combined with the freshness of the Caribbean Sea.
“Best Queso EVER”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Last night in town we decided to try this place across from our current favorite, La Barilla. We were pleasantly surprised with the most amazing queso dip we had all trip. Fantastic chips and salsa and my malbec hit the spot. I ordered the steak fajitas and my friend ordered the queso quesadillas...both great.

Visited February 2013

“Mi Pueblo est EXCELLENTE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

If you ever find yourself walking down 5th Avenue in Playa del Carmen, make sure you save your appetite for Mi Pueblo Parrilla Mexicana! The food was wonderful, and Juan (the owner) and Luis (our server) were quite possibly the most gracious hosts we've ever encountered. They went out of their way to make sure we not only enjoyed our food, but also to make sure our dining experience was nothing short of extraordinary. Gracias Juan and Luis!

Playa del carmen
“A welcomed addition”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

This new restaurant is a welcomed addition in Playa. Although I like the other My Pueblo, which is on the corner of Fifth avenue and Eight street, I found it lacked variety on its menu.
This new one has the advantage of having a "parilla" which enables it to have a wider selection of grilled meats, fish and seafood.
The service is excellent, attentive and friendly, which I must say is a trademark of this restaurant and the other ones operated by the same group, such as Sur and Aldea Corazon, La Azotea and the smaller Mi Pueblo which I mentioned before.
For starters I recommend you try a mix of typical Mexican chalupas, panuchos and salbutes to share.
As a main course, one had grilled fish, another the grilled chicken, a third the arachera and I had the grilled lobster tail. We all thoroughly enjoyed our meals, and experience in this nice decor under magnificent trees.

• Visited February 2013
NH
“Best Place to Eat!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is our third trip to the area and by far the best place we have eaten! Make sure Luis is your server. He will take care of you and every need you have. Everything we ate was flavorful and tender. Food, service, everything is just simply the best!!!