“JZ”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Java

Java
Ranked #693 of 1,234 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating
New York City
“JZ”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Shout out to JZ. Place to feel welcome. Great breakfast, great conversation. Anything you want to know about Playa, come to Java. Mary Ann New York City.

MexMiata, Owner at Java, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Well thanks for the recommendation Mary Ann. We had fun planning your road trip over eggs and coffee! Please be sure to give my best to Mark, and I look forward to meeting you one day at The Empire State Building!

Chicago, Illinois
“hits the spot”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Java hits the spot with smooth coffee and hearty breakfast sandwiches. How they get the scrambled eggs so fluffy might be a secret worth discovering. I might have to ask owner, Jez, when I stop in again tomorrow morning.

MexMiata, Owner at Java, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Scrambled eggs are one of my personal favorites, so our chef Obed has ha a lot of practice! I will share the "secret" recipe if you like! Thanks for coming by you guys, and see you soon!
Canada
“Right at home!!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have visited Java in Nov 2012 and again in Jan 2013. Both times the owner made us feel right at home. We had a full breakfast in Nov and you cannot get a better meal for the price. Java isn't fancy, but clean and welcoming with good food. In Jan I had toast & juice as my tummy was not the best, and the owner, although he serves various meals, recommended a place to get "the best" chicken soup in Playa. Always friendly, knowledgeable and a terrific smile from Jez.

• Visited January 2013
MexMiata, Owner at Java, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Sharing information about Playa is fun. I am always pleased to pick up tips on restaurants myself, so sharing my recommended places is a good way to start. Hope to see you back in Playa soon,
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“The best hug!”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I spent my only morning in Playa at Java with the owner. Just had a coffee and breakfast sandwich, but the owner is so nice and adorable that he really made my day! When I left he gave me the best hug (which I kind of needed) and sent me on my way, with the hopes that I would return someday. He is just a nice guy and I wish him the best. Go to Java and you will not be disappointed!

MexMiata, Owner at Java, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
I'm glad you enjoyed your visit, and the hug? The pleasure was all mine!
Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
“A friendly place to have a hearty breakfast or lunch”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Good value for quality and flavor. The Hangover Special is a favorite. Chat with the locals and relax.

• Visited January 2013