“Right at home!!”

Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have visited Java in Nov 2012 and again in Jan 2013. Both times the owner made us feel right at home. We had a full breakfast in Nov and you cannot get a better meal for the price. Java isn't fancy, but clean and welcoming with good food. In Jan I had toast & juice as my tummy was not the best, and the owner, although he serves various meals, recommended a place to get "the best" chicken soup in Playa. Always friendly, knowledgeable and a terrific smile from Jez.

MexMiata, Owner at Java, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Sharing information about Playa is fun. I am always pleased to pick up tips on restaurants myself, so sharing my recommended places is a good way to start. Hope to see you back in Playa soon,

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I spent my only morning in Playa at Java with the owner. Just had a coffee and breakfast sandwich, but the owner is so nice and adorable that he really made my day! When I left he gave me the best hug (which I kind of needed) and sent me on my way, with the hopes that I would return someday. He is just a nice guy and I wish him the best. Go to Java and you will not be disappointed!

MexMiata, Owner at Java, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit, and the hug? The pleasure was all mine!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Good value for quality and flavor. The Hangover Special is a favorite. Chat with the locals and relax.

MexMiata, Owner at Java, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Thanks guys!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were staying at a smaller hotel around 5th and 10 th. One night I spotted this place anf figured I 'd try it in the morning for breakfast.The owner is an englishman so there is not translation problems and his staff are just great. I have the basic egg , toast and sausage breakfast and good coffee for only 65 pesos . My friend had an omeltte and coffee for about 60 pesos . Great food , service and value.We're coming back .

MexMiata, Owner at Java, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Thanks amigos! So glad you enjoyed your breakfasts with us, and we hope to see you again here in sunny Playa del Carmen soon!