“Trust the reviews...this place is Awesome!”
Review of Sr Mostaza - CLOSED

Sr Mostaza
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Kingsland, Georgia
“Trust the reviews...this place is Awesome!”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Just like a few others,my husband and I was strolling along 5th avenue after checking into the Bric Hotel and spotted the nice "artsy" decor at Sr.Mostaza.We figured we would take a peak at there menu and I was sold immediately.We started with the duck taco appetizers and followed that with 2 entrees. I ordered the braised BBQ ribs with corn risotto (I should say "we" ordered the bbq ribs because my husband almost ate more of it than me lol) He ordered the King Crab Lasagna which was also delicious!I wanted to try the creme brulee but I was stuffed after dinner. We also got the chance to meet the owner Fran.He is very friendly and welcoming.Make sure to try the signature martinis,they will not disappoint!I am going to recommend this place to everyone because it was that great!The next time we are in Playa Del Carmen we will definitely come back here. I just wish we would have unpacked our camera so I could taken a picture of the food :( I hope Fran has mucho mucho muchco success with Sr.Mostaza aka Mister Monster in english :)

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank jessncase

Monterrey, Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing food in a fashionable ambiance”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were walking by the 5th when we saw the appealing decor. The food was a type of mexican/french fusion. We ordered a succulent beet salad, a delicious tuna steak with mole sauce,a steak, and for dessert we had a tasty lemon pie ice cream. The drinks are also quite a treat, we tasted a couple of signature drinks: Mostaza martini and the Jamaica martini, my wife liked the mostaza, but for me the Jamaica martini is an absolute winner.
In general we had a great experience and will definitely return.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank nachoheitz
Playa del carmen
“Excellent new addition on the fifth”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Like many who walked by this place, wondering if it was a bar or a restaurant, we dropped in and looked at the menu.
We were first attracted by the trendy decor and the cleanliness of the place.
It was well worth it. Nice selection of wines but don't mind asking about the wines on the list since it is not very detailed.
For starters we each had a beet salad and the lightly breaded shrimps. The salad was tasty, refreshing and very well presented.
For the main course I had the stuffed chicken which was also very well executed and tasty.
Will definitely go back to taste some of the other plates and enjoy the perfect service offered there.
You have to try this place.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Guy-Luc
Kirkwall, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food, just needs that little something for total satisfaction”
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Visited Snr Mostaza after a few days of being intrigued by the decor as we walked past on 5th Ave, although it never seemed to be very busy. Decided last night to give it a try and we were impressed!
The service was friendly and attentive, and the menu described as Mexican fusion. I chose mole encrusted tuna steak, and my other half had beef tenderloin with portobello mushrooms and a beetroot puree. Both were absolutely delicious and presented in a modern 'Masterchef' style.
The only reason I give 4 rather than 5 stars is due to value. Both dishes were $250, and there was no complimentary bread or little something to nibble on whilst waiting for our food, as we've experienced pretty much everywhere else so far. I think with that little bit extra it would make the difference for feeling we got value for money.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank StronsayLimpet
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best new-now-secret of the mayan riviera.”
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Excelent Place.
Great Service.
Great Food.
Just Superb.

If you dont come while being in Playa del Carmen it would be a big Mistake.

• Visited March 2013