“Excellent Japanese restaurant”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We ate at this restaurant twice during our stay on Playa. The food was delicious. Their wide variety of tasty sushi is impressive. In addition they also serve other Japanese dishes, for exempel gyoza and noodels. Service is impeccable and prices are moderate. We love it
and will be back for sure next time in Playa.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

My daughter and I ate here on Jan 7th and within hrs both were throwing up for 2 days straight. Sushito I advise you to pay attention to your food and safety refrigeration maybe??? Very disappointed

1  Thank Janet W
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Ok, so food wasn't bad, but it certainly has room for improvement and can definitely use some diversification. I mean when the majority and by majority I mean well over 75% of the rolls consist of cream cheese and maybe salmon or crab and avocado, you feel like you're just deciding between a couple of options.

When we tried to order one of their fruit versions iWay Roll, they were out of the fruit which was mango. We ordered it anyway believing that at least it would be the one roll that we picked that didn't have cream cheese. It still came with cream cheese...not sure if that was our mistake in misreading the menu about it not having cream cheese or they just put it in there because they forgot that at least one of their recipes didn't contain it.

We ordered the Neno Verde which was OK and the Marco roll, also just OK. They tasted very similar, but at least they were moist! Probably because of the cream cheese...

The prices were crazy expensive at between 90 and over 100 pesos per roll.

Overall, I like cream cheese plenty. But when it's basically mostly cream cheese roll options then it gets kind of silly..I mean diversify the tastes and textures. Experimenting with flavor and texture is the main enjoyment of sushi. But when everything has the same texture, especially combined with avocado which just adds more soft texture, and the favors are smothered with cheese flavor then what's the point in the experience?

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We visited Playa del carmen at the end of July. We stayed in Playacar, which is very close to Sushiitto. We ate there twice throughout our visit. The first visit, we ordered fried rice, which was great. The California roll, and the El neno verde roll. The verde roll was absolutely fantastic. We ordered another roll, but cannot recall the name. It too was delightful. For drinks, we had a minty sake coctail. Can't recall the name of it. On the second visit, we had a shrimp tempura appetizer, which was AMAZING! For drinks, we ordered a peach sake cocktail, which was yummy! We again, ordered fried rice, the el neno verde roll, plus two others. All in all, both dining experiences were fantastic! I highly recommend dining here!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have eaten here several times over the last 3 years and it is always very good. I haven't had anything that i didn't like. The drink specials with sake are fun and creative, and the shrimp tempura appetizer (may only have every so often) is to die for! Tastes similar to bang bang shrimp at bonefish grill, fyi. Great seating for people watching!