“Very good”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have eaten here several times over the last 3 years and it is always very good. I haven't had anything that i didn't like. The drink specials with sake are fun and creative, and the shrimp tempura appetizer (may only have every so often) is to die for! Tastes similar to bang bang shrimp at bonefish grill, fyi. Great seating for people watching!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have tried sushi, in many places in Playa and so far this is the best value and quality I have managed to find.
The seating is comfortable, the service is good and they have quite a wide selection with pictures of the different kinds on the menu, which is quite useful.
I have yet to find the near perfect place, but until then, this one is the best I have encountered.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I eat there once to twice a month. The Edamame dish is a great snack to start off with. I've had some sushi rolls that are average and others that are very good. Service is great on some days and average on others, it depends if the manager, (who is very good) is there or not. Yet the waiting is all good while having a cold beer and doign some people watching or watching futbol on TV. The Sushi selection is great at a fair price, and the ingredients are clearly indicated. Great place!

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have been living in Playa now for 4 months and have eaten at pretty much every sushi place in town. Sushi Itto COULD be the best in town, except for a few problems (owner of Sushi Itto please listen carefully!) First on my list of complaints is the time the restaurant opens, which is 1:30pm? Who opens a restaurant at 1:30pm??? LUNCH starts at 12 noon. Not 1pm, not 1:30pm. You are losing A LOT of business. I have watched one of your waiters stand in front of the restaurant and turn away dozens of potential customers between 12 and 1:30pm. I asked him why do you open so late and he said "because we have to prepare". Hmmm, well why doesnt your staff come in one hour earlier to prepare? Make NO sense. Secondly, although I feel your sushi is some of the best in Playa, your menu misrepresents some of the dishes, particuarly the ones you call UDON. I specifically asked the waitress today if they were actual thick UDON noodles and she said yes. I said "ok well I hope so because I orderd UDON at another sushi restaurant last night and was very disappionted I was served thin ramen noodles. Well, of course when I got my order of "udon" noodles they were not udon. Next, why cant ANY sushi place in Playa get tempura right. I dont know what all these restaurants are using as a coating for "tempura" but IT ISNT TEMPURA. Its horrible. Every grocery store in Playa sells real tempura batter (imported)! Go buy some and try it out. Be different and get it right!
Lastly, you need to train your staff better. They are soooo slow and have been trained wrong. Last week I waited 40 minutes to get my bill. The waiter disapeared for 20 after clearing my plates and then took 20 minutes to bring the bill and another 10 to get change! Your wait staff need to learn proper service. You clear the plates and ask "Can I get you anyting else?" and if the customer doesnt want anything additional the waiter should ask "would you like your bill now". Nobody does this in Mexico and it is ANNOYING. Playa is a tourist town and tourists dont have patience. Today I ordered take out and ask for a miso soup while I waited. It took them 20 minutes to bring me a soup! You need to get it together! And please add at least a few items on the menu that do not have cream cheese. There are people who dont eat cheese.

1  Thank RelaxMeToronto
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Most of their sushi rolls contain cream cheese, which I am not particularly fond of. So, we had a take-out order of their Cuauhtemitto - a sushi roll with crab, avocado, and manchego cheese. The sushi was nothing to write home about, but a few hours after eating it I became ill and spent the next 24 hours in the bathroom when not in bed. Coincidence, maybe. But given the only other food I had to eat that day was scrambled eggs, I am inclined to think the culprit was the sushi.

1  Thank driftdiver1