My girlfriend and I have been there in a private room for a couple of days. The rooms are nice and clean as expected. Private rooms and dorms have A/C. There is a big garden with chairs and tables to meet people. It's possible to buy drinks from the reception but you are also allowed to bring your own stuff. A simple breakfast is included.
The Hostel organizes daily activities like
- Movie night
- Go to local cinema
- Cook together and share Dinner
The guide Angelo takes care that you will never be bored ;-). Have fun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "There are no strangers here, only friends we haven't met." That's the vibe you can expect when entering the perfectly shaded, outdoor courtyard at The Yak. With a combination of the best location, great accommodations, a friendly staff, and lots of awesome things to do-you can't miss out on The Yak. Located right in the center of Playa, The Yak is close to everything: 5th Avenue (known for its restaurants and shops), grocery stores like Wal-Mart, 12th Street with all of the bars and nightclubs, and, of course, the beach-but many people pass the day in the hostel lying in the hammocks or chilling on the rooftop terrace. In The Yak's courtyard, you will find a 24-hour reception with lots of staff members who are always available to answer your questions, a cool bar with cheap prices, and a café where you can order paninis and coffee. The Yak was created for travelers, by travelers-so it's more than just a place to sleep, we try to keep it fun! We have different activities everyday including movie nights, tours to Cenotes, our famous Mojito Lesson, and many more! For those looking to explore the Mayan ruins, we can reserve additional excursions. The Yak has two communal kitchens, bright/airy dorms, and private rooms with kitchenettes, so there is an option to suit every budget. Many people plan to stay for a few days and end up staying for weeks. You're guaranteed to leave The Yak with new friends and fond memories, so come be a part of The Yak Family! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, HostelWorld and Hotels.com so you can book your The Yak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Yak Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico