The Yak
$297
$236
Bookit.com
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
$318
$517
$535
$519
$229
  • Breakfast included
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
$370
$356
$320
$269
  • Pool
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda(Playa del Carmen)
$583
$412
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $514/night.

Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
$480
$339
  • Beachfront
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
$1,434
$761
Bookit.com
All reviewsbed dormdaily activitiesprivate bathroomsocial areacommon areasbus stationlocation is amazingcoco bongogreat facilitiestwo blocksshort walk to the beachstayed longerwelcome drinkhostelhammocksmojitowifi
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Great rooms.
Lots of space in the doorms air conditioning in every room and private bathroom.
To awesome bars in the place.
We had I bit of a problem and thw manager was very nice and help us in a hurry.
Very close to all of the partys (a minute from the coco bongo)

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We came to the yak the maneger was very nice and kind all the staff ad well.
The rooms was very good .
It's very nice place to be in, good music good bar .
The location is perfect cuple of minut from the center of playa , and from the sea.
Great great hostel very recomended.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the yak with a friend, we accidentally booked a private room that had only one bed (we did not like the idea of sharing), when I spoke to the manager he immediately offered to being up an extra mattress. He didn't charge for it either.
The room was really big, with a kitchen (including a fridge) and a good sized bathroom. The bed was a large double and there was enough room for the extra mattress.
The common areas of the hostel were good for hanging out and meeting new people.
I can't comment properly on breakfast as I always missed out due to being hung over.

If I have any reason to go back to Playa I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

I had a good time at the yak. I moved on to a private room through my language course and found myself wishing I had stayed. There is a bar in the outside common area, but they still let me drink my own beers. Good stuff. The mattresses are comfortable and new. The lockers could be more secure and there could be more power outlets in the dorm. But this is minor. I would gladly return.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

I don't want to repeat everything mentioned allready in other comments, but point out MY personal highlights.
First, every day from 8 to 9 pm there is a open bar for FOURTY Pesos. Unbelievable cheap and brings the hole hostel together in a wonderful garden with (live) Musik, Shishas and hammers.
The community kitchens(2) are very well stuffed and are awesome for cooking with a hole bunch of people(that's what we did).
The rooftop Terrasse is very nice for an late evening chat or a book.
Last I want to mention, it IS loud in Playa, but the hostel really keeps the noise down after 12,so they can't be blamed. The nice from the coco bongo really goes on your nerves, though.

• Stayed: February 2013