“AMAZING!!”
Review of Navegante - CLOSED

Navegante
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Cocteleria estilo veracruzano con un menu especializado en barra fria de mariscos desde cocteles, ceviches y empanadas.
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Such good ceviche we ate here 4 days in a row - the owners were great and even packed our lunch up so we could take away and have our ceviche on the beach on the sunny days!
Excellent - can t recommend enough

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I found this place by accident 2 yrs ago, if ur looking for fresh and delicious sea food, this is the place. The ceviche is the best!!!
Last year when i went back to playa, this was my first stop.. I love the food and the prices. The owner gives you the best service ever.. I can't wait to go back.. Excellent service and excellent sea food at a great price :)

Reviewed January 1, 2014

stumbled upon this unassuming restaurant on new year's day. Not a lot open in Playa del Carmen, so we gave it a try.
We shared an order of mushroom/onion empanadas, then Hubs had the seafood cocktail and I had the best seafood salad I've ever eaten.
We've been to over 50 countries and have enjoyed many seafood dishes. This is special. Fresh and spicy. Nicely presented. Only 110 pesos. You gotta try it.
No booze at this place, so have happy hour elsewhere before visiting.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We found this place here, in Tripadvisor, and it was everything the reviews said and more. The coctel was amazing and the prices were excellent. We ate empanadas, shrimp cocktail and ceviche and it was all good. It is a nice place, nothing fancy but the guy that owns it is really nice and provides a great service.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We stayed in Playa del Carmen in July 2013. My girlfriend found this place by chance as we wanted to avoid the heavy, oily Mexican food we had begun to get a little sick of. Wow! We could not believe how incredible the ceviche we were served first time round was (and we have had ceviche a lot in the past) that it became a mission to return and try pretty much everything on the menu (the mission was accomplished!). If you ask, the guy who owns it (Jorge - who is the friendliest chap ever), will give you a big plate with all three types of ceviche and all are fantastic. Everyday I had to have one of the crab empanadas which were always crispy and delicious and then we encountered the seafood cocktail (our lives changed that very moment). Rid your mind of any thoughts of English-style prawn cocktail, this is a mixture of king prawns, squid, snails and other seafood, along with small chunks of ripe avocado, all in a slightly spicy sauce which is very difficult to describe. Essentially it is amazing and our mouths are watering just thinking about it all. It was amazing to see that he was on Tripadvisor and that other people shared our opinion of the food and welcome from Jorge. Bear in mind, the place is tiny and only has two or three plastic tables so it is not the place for a long romantic dinner, but if you are after incredible fresh seafood and ceviche it must not be missed. Jorge is so nice he even gives you the tv remote so that you can watch whatever you want - heaven for me but my girlfriend wasn't as pleased!