“Excellente”
Review of The Rusty Hook

The Rusty Hook
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Private Fishing Charters and Snorkeling Tours in Playa del Carmen ,riviera maya Mexico.Deep sea fishing ,speed vertical jigging, trolling ,bottom fishing and snorkeling tours in Playa del Carmen Mexico.
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Rusty Hook charters were an absolute blast! My 15 year old son and I booked the trip at home and paid the $50 deposit through paypal. Jorge was excellent at quickly communicating through e-mail whenever we had a question. We stayed at playa del carmen and paid $14 for a taxi to get to the boat where we found Jorge and his mate waiting for us. On our 4 hour trip Jorge hooked us onto a large wahoo, a SAILFISH, and a small barracuda. He said since he didn't have a trip booked for the afternoon we could rent the boat for the 6 hour trip and stay on an extra 2 hours. I asked how we would pay him since i didnt bring enough cash and he said to just pay him when we get home through paypal. He was very HONEST, acommodating to whatever type of fishing we wanted to do, and very friendly, telling us about the places he has lived and of course great fishing stories. I have been deep sea fishing with several charters in Mexico, including the larger outfits (Captain Ricks) and will never go out with anyone else when in Cancun. Tip: Book ahead online as the travel agencies and resorts will add $100 or so to the price you will pay if you book once you get there.

2  Thank ydrrt
There are newer reviews for The Rusty Hook

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Fished with capt, Jorge, mates Louis & Javani ,May 26th,27th & 28th. We were after billfish and Jorge didn't disappoint . We caught 2 blue marlin, 1 white marlin, 2 sailfish , 4 dorado, 4 barracuda and 1 black tuna. Capt. and crew worked very hard , following the frigats to the baitfish and rebaiting everytime the fishing slowed. If you want to fish w
ith knowledgeble fishermen than this is the crew.Thanks again Jorge.tight lines Lance

2  Thank lance l
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Went Fishing with Jorge and his worker David on April 18th with my wife and our 2 friends.We met Jorge on the beach at 8 am and he suggested trolling for a few hours and then going bottom fishing for 2 hours and that was fine with all of us.After trolling for about 30 minutes 3 out of 4 of us were feeling the affects of the big rolling waves so I asked Jorge if we could try bottom fishing and without any hesitation he reeled in the lines.We moved into 100 ft deep of water and started bottom fishing and and having a few beer that is supplied by Jorge and we're ice cold.As soon as our lines hit bottom we immediately started catching fish and getting lots of bites.In about 3 hours we caught over 40 fish and about 10 different species of fish that included Banana fish Trigger fish Grunts various kinds of snapper and so many kinds I can't remember them all. It was a really good time had lots of fun and laughed lots you can sure tell Jorge absolutely loves his job and loves fishing and is very knowledgeable at what he does.Booking the trip with Jorge is really easy as he answered our e mail within 30 minutes of sending it we sent a 50 dollar deposit through pay pal and e mailed him our room # incase he had to cancel due too weather.I would recommend Jorge and have recommended him to every one I talked too We will all definitely go fishing with him again every time were in Playa.

2  Thank Harley N
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Went with capt jorge and his first mate on March 31. We trolled for larger fish for about two hours and the sea was a little angry. I asked jorge if we could go to calmer water. We went in some to try to catch a baracuda but no luck. We ended the trip bottom fishing foor trigger fish, grunts and bananas. Had fun even though we didn't catch a mahi-mahi, wahoo or cuda.

Highly recommend jorge.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

We had a great time with Captain Jorge. Shortly after we started our fishing trip, my husband caught a mahi-mahi. When we stopped, our Captain made us the best fresh Ceviche I have ever had. On the way back we were cathing alot of smaller fish, but had a great time.

3  Thank Sue1973