“The Rusty Hook is Awesome!!”
Review of The Rusty Hook

The Rusty Hook
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Private Fishing Charters and Snorkeling Tours in Playa del Carmen ,riviera maya Mexico.Deep sea fishing ,speed vertical jigging, trolling ,bottom fishing and snorkeling tours in Playa del Carmen Mexico.
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My husband and two sons (11&15) went on a 4 hour morning fishing trip with Capt. Jorge over spring break. Jorge was excellent communicating via email before the trip. We had some bad weather during our week and Jorge was great with suggesting a better day, so we didn't experience high waves (I believe some companies would have still taken us out, as it was probably not bad to locals). Jorge's whole purpose is to make sure you and your family experience the best time during your excursion! He was extremely patient with this non fishing family! The kids had a great time! The Rusty Hook is a very clean, new boat, slightly bigger than most fishing boats we saw. He even dropped us off at our hotel beach,so we didn't have to take a cab back!

2  Thank Smf0

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Fishing with Rusty Hook was an awesome experience. Captain Jorge did an amazing job and helped my wife and I not just fish but also catch fish. He was honest from the get go and told me that we can troll but the fish were not biting based off the reports from other vessels. So we bottom fished and I still had a great time. We managed to land Groupers, Red Snappers and White Fish of some kind. Captain Jorge not only helped me catch fish but he was very pleasant to talk to. He was so funny and interesting. I felt like I was with my buddies at a bar laughing and talking while catching fish. As we anchored off the shore my wife and I snorkeled as he prepared us some of the best Ceviche I have ever had. I am not exaggerating when I say this. It was very good and tasty. My wife who is not a big fan of Ceviche loved it. I wish we would have by-passed our big breakfast so we could have had room to finish it. Towards the end of our fishing tour we had a big fish on. It was towards the bottom and we couldn’t tell what it was but it just about pulled me in the water. Unfortunately it broke off! I had a great time; my wife enjoyed herself as well even though she wasn’t really fishing. Captain Jorge is very knowledgeable, honest and even scientific. The way he runs his business is with pure integrity. His boat is one of the better ones in the area which we felt comfortable and safe in. When I go back to Playa Del Carmen I will absolutely book another trip with Rusty Hooks and I highly recommend him to anyone. He speaks perfect English and his main priority is for his clients to have fun and be safe. I will post some pictures soon on Trip Advisor!

3  Thank Cesar P
Reviewed April 1, 2013

After traveling to Playa for 15+ years, this was by far the best fishing trip we've taken. So much, that we booked a second fishing trip in our 10 day get-a-way. There were four adults and my 7 year old son and we all had a great time. Although we went trolling for some larger fish the reef fishing was the best where we caught enough to feed everyone on the boat and then some!

The sting ray was our surprise catch but Jorge was great putting him back where he belongs. We will book will Rusty Hook again and highly recommend their services for a good time and fair price.

2  Thank Ugly2
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Thank you so much to Jorge for making my engagement so perfect. We went out with Jorge on a fishing trip at the beginning of our holiday and my fiance fell in love with the place Jorge took us snorkeling and felt it was the perfect place to propose. He arranged with Jorge in secret another trip back to the same place on our anniversary, on the beach Jorge had arranged a BBQ and little celebration after the proposal. It was amazing and so romantic. Jorge was the perfect host and being able to speak English was a great help. We did lots of fishing and caught some really amazing fish. I had never fished before but Jorge made it very exciting for us.
I highly recommend The Rusty Hook and we will definitely be going back to Playa Del Carmen to have another trip with Jorge.
Many thanks
Perry & Laura

1  Thank laamo1
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My husband and I had a fun time fishing with Jorge. He is very respectful of the client's wishes. He always asked us if we wanted to closer to the shore or further depending on what type of fish we wanted to catch. He also speaks perfect English which makes it all easier. We fished non-stop. We only stopped half an hour to do some snorkeling which was nice. It was a great way to spend the day.

1  Thank DianaB_11