“Great day of fishing”
Review of The Rusty Hook

The Rusty Hook
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Private Fishing Charters and Snorkeling Tours in Playa del Carmen ,riviera maya Mexico.Deep sea fishing ,speed vertical jigging, trolling ,bottom fishing and snorkeling tours in Playa del Carmen Mexico.
Montreal, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great day of fishing”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My husband and I had a fun time fishing with Jorge. He is very respectful of the client's wishes. He always asked us if we wanted to closer to the shore or further depending on what type of fish we wanted to catch. He also speaks perfect English which makes it all easier. We fished non-stop. We only stopped half an hour to do some snorkeling which was nice. It was a great way to spend the day.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank DianaB_11

Albany
“Great Time”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Captain Jorge picked us up right in front of our hotel on the beach and we were fishing
within half an hour. Although we were in between seasons (end of July) we still pulled in
a big barracuda and hooked a huge sailfish. Lots of fun and very reasonable. He has water and
beer on board and we fished non-stop. We plan on going back the end of May 2013 and
will definitely book another trip with the Rusty Hook!!!!! Thanks, Joe

Visited July 2012
jorge-caldelas, Owner at The Rusty Hook, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Hi Joe,big season starts very soon,I hope to see you back soon.

Jorge Caldelas
blaina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“the perfect day.”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

the first trip I had with the rusty hook was in November 2011,
Me and my girlfriend met Sergio the skipper on cocobeach where his boat was moored.
from the moment we met him we were made to feel welcome and well looked after especially with all the free beer and soft drinks :)
after we set sail the fishing was none stop we had bite as soon as we left the beach, they certainly not how to put you on the fish. we enjoyed it so much we went on another two that year
We caught big barracudas and lady fish on the first trip and snappers, grunts and big big amberjack on the others.

after such a good time with the rusty hook we returned in June 2012, this time i met Jorge, and his family, the nicest people I have ever met.
I only managed to get one trip in this time but boy was it a good one.
We set sail early morning and within 20 minutes we was into a dorado, then an hour passed within the sea looking quiet but then Jorge and Sergio knew what and where to go and hooked me up with a 210lb blue marlin needless to say I was more than pleased.

I would certainly recommend that if you go to playa del Carmen, you have go on a trip with Jorge and his family for a excellent day out.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank nathan e
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Everyone who likes fishing should go on a trip with Jorge!!!!!!”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I had a mornings fishing booked with Jorge before we even left the uk for the 26th October 2012. He picked us up in the boat outside our hotel and we had a great morning fishing. We caught a lot of different species of fish including a big barracuda i was well happy as i really wanted to catch one of them. I also ended up sending him a message again and went out this morning the 4th November. Again we caught a lot of different species and we ended up snorkeling over some bull sharks on the way back it was amazing looking down at them. Finally a local seafood restaurant cooked some of the fish for our dinner. I had a really good time with them and would recommend THE RUSTY HOOK to anyone who is thinking of going on a fishing trip.

1 Thank Ccostello1985