All reviews living room minute walk gated community beach club amazing hotel pool area is fifth avenue the wait staff playacar taxi spa jacuzzi pesos daniel xcaret
Selected filters
Reviewed December 11, 2016 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for a week. It's very nice but as it's just been taken over it does need some repair work done on some of the rooms. We were first put into a small room with no view and no internet so we asked if there was any chance of a different room. The staff were really helpful and found us a bigger room with a view the following morning. As this was a day that we had planned to go out for the day they very kindly moved our luggage into the new room. This was a much bigger room with a kitchen and was lovely. Had a great stay.

Date of stay: December 2016
Reviewed December 1, 2016 via mobile

This is a nice property that was probably initally envisioned as some sort of a country club. Now, it's a bit run down but still nice. It's quite big and nicely situated. The thing I liked the most is that there are a lot of tiny animals living on the property such as coatis, agoutis, birds, turtles,...It's really like some sort of a petting zoo. The staff are nice, too. The food is quite good. The area is generally nice but it's some 20 minute walk to the beach and downtown Playa. It's a nice walk so it's not that much of an issue. It's quiet and safe.

Date of stay: October 2016
Reviewed November 23, 2016 via mobile

The hotel is inside playacar which is a very well secure complex. 2 lots of security check points to through. It's a Nice place, decent pool with bat next to the pool. Only open currently 12-3. Had some trouble caused by booking.com and the description of room was not obvious. But the staff went to the next level to sort it out. Next to a golf course and even had random wildlife around.

Date of stay: November 2016
Reviewed September 14, 2016 via mobile

Hotel was very traditional Mexico feel it was clean an comfortable. Breackfast was free an nice an staff very helpful about a 20 min walk to the beach along the gold course but an enjoyable walk the area was very safe an not to far away frm the xcaret park enjoyed the stay

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2016 via mobile

I was extremely disappointed in this hotel. My husband and I have not seen each other in six months. I booked the suite requesting a king bed. When we got to the room there were two matrimonial beds which are like a double bed. I requested a king bed because my husband is a large size man. They could not provide us any room with a king bed as they said they were sold out so we could not even sleep in the same bed. But yet the resort looked empty. We went in the pool but realized it was very filthy dirty. There was no one else at the pool. No one in the bar. We decided to go to the spa and use the Jacuzzi and when we got there there was three Jacuzzi's but only one had water and the water was cold. What kind of Jacuzzi has cold water? The suite was pretty large and looked pretty nice until you actually looked at it up close and realized that it was filthy the walls were disgusting, the stove had dirt caked on it on the outside and inside The outside of the refrigerator was a mess. The bathroom walls had mold spots all over and some terrible patch jobs. The whole place needed to be repainted. The room had tons of ants and mosquitos. Not only where the beds little but they were hard as a rock nothing comfortable at all about them. The fountain outside the main focal point when you walk up was filled with nasty green water that has been in there for who knows how long which is probably why there are so many mosquitoes. I don't know if this is due to poor management or the laziness of the employees but this resort needs some major work. I would not recommend this place to anyone I was very disappointed. Thank you for ruining two nights of my week that I had with my husband. I've included some photos but of course you can't see in the photos how dirty the rooms actually were.

Date of stay: July 2016