“A Thai gem in Playa del Carmen!”
Review of Gluay Maai Thai

Gluay Maai Thai
Ranked #185 of 1,365 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Authentic Thai food at the best place of the Mexican Caribbean, but with the privacy of a nice terrace. Our chef is from thailand and he loves what he does.
Reviewed December 22, 2012

In an unlikely spot just off 5th avenue in Playa del Carmen sits a charming Thai restaurant. One can sit inside or, as we did, outside where the people watching is fantastic. Our waiter was attentive and charming and the food was superb. From the various sauces for the perfectly made fried won tons, to absolutely the best pad thai that we have ever had, finishing with pan sauteed shrimp with vegetables and chili....all amazing. We can't remember having a better Thai meal anywhere, including our home city.
Our bill came to 45.00 and that was with martinis. Great value and we will be returning here before we leave for home.
C & B, Seattle

Reviewed December 19, 2012

The pad thai was great as well as the green papaya fish salad... spicy but it was good enough for me and my fiancee. THe price is good and the location is on a quiet street of 38 and 5th. Amazing tables... so diff..great service as well.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Had with my wife, and we both love Thai food. We both liked the food.. It was great, almost like Thailand. The owner was very friendly and we had a good time.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I live here, so as per a Thai been so far away from home of cause it made me feel homesick somehow sometime. And i really miss thai food and all spiciness things. Chef he from thailand and his prepare a really nice traditional Thai dishes though......so if you interesting for the asian taste you shouldn't missed this place. (But try to request or ask if the thai chef there huh...!!!)......>3

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Six of us ate dinner here recently and everyone was impressed. It was not the best Thai food I have ever eaten. But it was very good. There were complimentary spring rolls which was a nice touch, but the wrappers were so gooey it was not so impressive. My dinner was overcooked, but five out of six dinners were done just right. Service was not as warm and friendly as I would have liked, even with four of the six in our party being native Spanish speakers. Still, Thai food is a favorite and I will be returning very, very soon.