“Tourist trap”

Cuisines: Argentinean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Exhausted from our flights, we grabbed one of the first cafes we found serving "Mexican" along the strip. It was extremely expensive, margaritas tasted like they were from a mix, food extremely basic and uninspired. A total ripoff -- avoid. As all restaurants along 5th Avenue though, a good place to people watch and hear the mariachis.

Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Went to dinner tonite. Everything was great - bread, sauces, salad, margaritas,atmosphere and great service - only complaint was the meat - husband ordered 20oz rib eye and I the tenderloin. Both had good favor, but was chewy and stringy - not angus quality at all.

Thought we would have the same great experience when they were on 10th a few years ago. Maybe we were expecting too much? Probably will not be back.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I had Steak fajitas on my first day at Playa Del Carmen, and they had so much wonderful flavor. the restaurant is in a trendy spot where it is hard to find great food so I was pleasantly surprised.
The sever spoke partial englis and made me feel entirely welcomed to the city.
The bathrooms, like most on the street could use some air fresher and a fresh coat of paint. But over all I could do my business and wash my hands.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Great atmosphere - fantastic prices (60 cdn for three with drinks) and great food. Staff very sweet. :-)

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I agree 100% with TyD's review. The steaks are terrific and offer great value for money. And the chorizo sausage is an excellent starter. Don't waste time with the salads, stick with the artery clogging beef and you can't go wrong. Check out the specials: 350g New york sirloin and baked potato for only 180 pesos or a small new york steak (250g) for 120 pesos.

Even though there is no alcohol on the list, you can order wine and I suspect beer as well. Just ask. They will bring you the bottle of wine and 2 regular opaque drinking glasses. They will pour the wine and keep the bottle hidden behind the bar. Not elegant, but a glass of Malbec will enhance the steak experience.

And, they are also open on Sundays.

The address on Trip Advisor is slightly incorrect: it is on 8th street but between 10th and 15th on the right hand side if you are walking up from 5th or 10th avenue