“Super Food and Mexican Wines”
Review of Punta Bonita

Punta Bonita
Ranked #147 of 1,304 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Mexican, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Graced with spectacular views of Mexico's Caribbean Sea, Punta Bonita welcomes guests with the warm and familiar style so intrinsic to Mexican culture. Offering light lunches and pizzas as well as Mexican and regional Riviera Maya specialties for dinner either indoors or on the outdoor terrace, the resort’s beach side restaurant is perfect venue for sharing culinary experiences.
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We came back just for dinner while we stayed this time at another hotel. The food again was outstanding, especially the soft shell crab sandwich and the trio of ceviches. So flavorful and and delicious. Service as always better than one can imagine, they remembered our favorite drinks and prepared special margaritas for us. I think this is the best Mexican Food in the Rivera Maya. They also have a great selection of Mexican Wines!!

There are newer reviews for Punta Bonita

Reviewed July 7, 2013

This time I came back to the hotel and my best experience was at this lovely restaurant while I enjoyed the best dinner as the waiter who take care of me and Oscar the Manager made sure I had an excellent service. I must say this is the Best Mexican food I have had, as I fondly recommend the rib eye with chili crusted. Yes I know it sounds difficult to eat but it's not! It is amazing how they manage to combine a chili not to cause stomach damages. I really recommend visiting and also ask for a Golden Margarita. Can't wait to come back!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

A few days ago i went to have dinner at this restaurant and i should say that i really enjoyed this taco night, the food was delicious and the service was amazing. This is a must when you visit the Rosewood Mayakoba

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Superb service by Italia Rodriguez and her colleagues..especially the wine tasting and advice. The wine was excellent. Fish was heavenly but steak just a bit tough - as it often is in Playa. (My Alberta roots areshowing) Sides were cooked just right and presentation artistic.
Due to the often prestigious guests security might be in evidence but the upside of that is you never know who you might be sitting next to.

1  Thank susantanner5
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Delicious food! Congrats to the chef and the restaurant staff, they made my night! Try the cocktails with mezcal and the lobster tacos. The place is totally worth it!