“In good hands”
Review of Beyond Diving

Beyond Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: Come dive in beautiful Playa del Carmen with us. We offer all levels of PADI recreational diving training, technical diving training, cavern to full cave guided dives and training as well as rebreather training (Poseidon MKVI). We are true professionals who love what we do, and do what we love. Come join us!
Atlanta, Georgia
“In good hands”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My two teens and I went on an afternoon dive with DM Steve. It was a rough day (we had no options to reschedule) and it was the kids' first ocean dive ever. Eric was friendly and professional, got us outfitted with great gear. My daughter and I guessed really badly about weight needed, and struggled during the first dive, but Steve was patient and attentive, and was ok with going slow. We got more weight for the second dive, and all three of us really enjoyed Steve's leadership -- he found some great critters, the kids had a better experience, and strengthened their open water skills. Steve got us through that rough day, so now all other dives will be easy! I would definitely dive with Beyond Diving again -- might try cenotes next time.

Visited May 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Erik R, Owner at Beyond Diving, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for your review Anna. We look forward to you visiting us again soon. In the meantime, if there is anything you feel we should improve, please let us know. We value your input.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Back to Playa and certification for our youngest son”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Just got back from Playa (6-30-13) and we had a great time. We dove with 'Beyond Diving' and they were simply great. Erik knows what he is doing their equipment is as good as you will find and everyone at BD worked hard to ensure we were safe and having fun. If you are recreational or want to step it up a notch they can meet your needs.

For a really great time talk Erik into taking you to lunch at La Vida Buena in Akumal.

The Adams'

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Erik R, Owner at Beyond Diving, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you for trusting me to conduct Trey's checkout dives and for allowing me to hang out with your family! It was a real pleasure and Sandra and I really look forward to having you as our guests again soon!
Vaughan, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Professional, friendly, eager to turn the dive into best experience possible.”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I contacted Eric following good reviews on the scuba board. I asked him to guide us (me, my wife and son) in our firs ever cenote dive and couple of ocean dives in Playa del Carmen. I am very happy that I contacted “Beyond diving”. Eric, Steve, and Sandra really made our diving flawless experience.
This is small diving shop that is relatively fresh in the business and the guys really make extra effort to make customers happy. Few things that put the “beyond diving” above others:
• Eric, his wonderful wife Sandra, Steve are very friendly and easy to talk to people. You really feel that you are not just another customer for them.
• They keep the groups small.
• They try to build the group based on how good the divers are on the air to prolong the dives.
• They have very good equipment for rent in excellent condition.
• They are very flexible in adjusting the dives schedule to accommodate your plans.

I would definitely dive with them once more if we will again to Playa del Carmen . I am pretty sure we will. Cenote dive is unique experience that is the best in Playa.

Erik R, Owner at Beyond Diving, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you Ilia! See you soon pal!
London, United Kingdom
“Great experience”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Eric was recommended to me and I wasn't disappointed! He only uses the best equipment and safety was always the number one priority, whilst his knowledge of the dive sites meant I had 2 great days' diving - one day of cenotes and one day of drift/reef dives. His enthusiasm was also evident and overall I thought the customer service was first class. I would go back to Beyond Diving again, and recommend him to anyone looking for a great diving experience on the Mayan Riviera.

Visited December 2012
Erik R, Manager at Beyond Diving, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you Matthew! Come back and visit us soon when you're back in this side of the world!
Austin, Texas
“First Diving Trip is a HUGE success”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I can't say enough about Erik and his company. His communication throughout has been the best I have seen. Everything from the equipment he rents to addressing any concerns you have about the locations. We did three days of diving with him and it was just my wife, myself and Erik the whole time. It was great because it was so personalized and never felt rushed. We did one reef dive and two cenote dives. I was a little concerned about the cenote dives but working with Erik eased my concerns and it was one of the coolest experiences I've had. All in all, go support these guys!

Erik R, Owner at Beyond Diving, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you Mike! We are thrilled that you had a good time and hope you'll visit us again soon!!