“shoppers paradise”

$79.00*
and up
Tulum, Wayak Cenote and Playa del Carmen Tour from Cancun
More attraction details
Owner description: The Five AvenueThe most Important street in Mexico, you can find Shopping, Souvenirs, Jewelry stores,Bars, etc.
Abbotsford, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“shoppers paradise”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

just say no gracious if you don't want to look at more jewelry..they are all very pleasant vendors that are only trying to make a buck.

1 Thank sherlocke

Edmonton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Is what it is:”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

A fun night or afternoon, but not much more. There are a ton of restaurants, and many shops, but the aggressive shop owners sales tactics can be off putting for those that don't like that kind of shopping.

Nova Scotia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Good in small doses”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Hustle bustle. Lots of action. Fun to experience and then find some away space. Fun for food and entertainment. Can get to you after a bit

Hannibal, Missouri
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Kind of Scary!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Ive been to 5th Avenue twice and the experience was the same. I am a nice person and I hate telling people no, but the vendors are so aggressive here I eneded up avoiding all conversation with them (I REALLY HATE BEING RUDE). Definatly not like shopping in the US. You will get lines like-I am the waiter at your resort....One vendor told my friend and I to look at his store. The red flag should have went up when he took us off the street and down a dark hallway to his "store". I wasn't paying attention and neither was my friend and didn't notice when he started to shut the door and lock it behind us. Thank goodness one of the guys in our group followed us and put his foot in the doorway before the guy could get it all the way shut.

There is a lot of bartering, which I hate to do. So, if you want to go shopping and get a great deal, take someone with you that likes to haggle. I have bought jewelry here the last three years and I have never been disappointed with a purchase. I do love to come here and buy the namebrand knockoff sunglasses. I send a person into haggle with me and when they can negotiate the price I want, I swoop in for the buy. I have never eaten here, the food is free at the resort. I have visited Senor Frog's which was fun. I've only been here during the day, and it scary enough for me. I am working on getting the nerve to visit at night....we will see how this pans out. Ladies- I felt safe travelling with big burly guys, I dont know that I would feel safe travelling without them. Just a thought. Be safe....

Visited April 2012
Toronto
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Great for people watching!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is one of my favorite things to do in the evening in Playa! I enjoy strolling 5th and finding new places to eat or sit with a coffee and people watch.
Playa has such a diverse cast of characters and somehow they all fit together along 5th. I find the north end to be more enjoyable and not as "tacky" as the south. Take a stroll past 24th and head to just past 38th, the newer restaurants and new growth is in the north.....still some but not as many aggressive vendors!
I just say "no gracia" and go about my stroll!

Visited January 2013