“The Name Speaks for Itself!”
Review of La Exquisita de la 38 - CLOSED

La Exquisita de la 38
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Went there with a large group based on these TA reviews, and boy did he not disappoint! Owner indulged us in a complete buffet of tastings that he has created over the years.

I would not miss this spot if you're in PDC. Don't let the humble establishment fool you. The tastes are extremely unique and worth the try.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

My husband and I ate here after seeing all the fabulous reviews. This place is a true gem, the staff are so passionate and inviting. After we were talked through (in loving depth) the menu, we decided on every taco and a couple of quesadilla style vegetarian options. The condiments were the best in town - fresh salsas, pickled onions, coriander and onion. The accompanying drinks made by La Exquisita were delicious - we tried rice milk with cinnamon, gauva water and a hibiscious water, they really brought out the flavour in the food. I must admit although the condiments made the tacos delicious, the tacos alone were perhaps a little bland for my taste, but the vegetarian dishes - one with leek and one with greens were perhaps the tastiest most interesting Mexican dishes I have ever tasted.
I recommend everyone visiting Playa to go eat at this gem and don't be shy ordering every dish - the place is so cheap and the dishes such polite small tasters that it is a crime not to try every single one!

1  Thank LuxBunBun
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I can't believe. What I am reading, we spend our winters in Playa and this restaurant is so far from being at the top that it is not even funny. I can name 20 or 30 places that are so much better. Service is good and friendly , not licensed, and not really sure what we were eating. Cheap yes it is cheap but number 2 come on. Money isn't everything

4  Thank Cheryl M
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Don't you love when a good review comes true? Just ret'd from a week in PDC. Everyone was pretty solid on this place...and when you see it you will have to trust it - tiny spot with tables in what is actually a parking lot. But, it is at the coolest new corner in Playa (Quinta and 38th) and truly has some of the best 'tastes' of the Mayan region and other parts of Mexico.

Two chef/owners run it and produce the food and service themselves. Really high quality food - well prepared. Cochinita pibil and other local tastes/products arer highlighted...with daily specials: we had a 'taquito con queso'...with an artisanal cheese from Oaxaca. I think our tab for dinner (including one of their aqua frescas...you have to go next door to a bar to get a beer or drink!) was around $15. And, we chowed down!

My only regret is we ran out of time and we couldn't go back a second time.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Had a couple of 2 for 1 marguaritas before making our way to this restaurant and enjoying some of the tastiest in PDC for very little money. Excellent value and wonderful service.